• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with missing pixels/ I don't know what this is, any help would be appreciated

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently my old laptop broke and I got a new one and I've moved my old catalog and photos from LR Classic to my new laptop/ external hard drive and I don't know if I'm missing a step or what but I get these little red, green, and blue pixles in box patterns everywhere on my photos. If anyone knows anything on this or has any ideas that would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us will not download attachments. Please use the "Insert Photos" icon to include the screen captures in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe LRC Issue.PNGAdobe LRC.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess is camera sensor malfunction.

My 2nd guess is bad GPU or bad GPU driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you exlpain to me what the GPU is and how that would effect the image?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A GPU is a Graphics Processor Unit, something that most modern computers have, it is a card in your computer that actually displays everything that appears on your screen. (Some computers don't have a GPU and the screen is displayed via the motherboard, but that's rare today).

In Lightroom Classic, go to Help->System Info and report what it says on the line immediately under "Graphics Processor Info:". (And don't show us the rest of Help->System Info in this case)

2020-12-28 05_52_03-Window.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this on all photos you've take resently or just a few?

If all then I agree with @dj_paige , Sensor problems. If just a few then either Card malfunction or other hardware problems that are corrupting some files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My guess is also a Camera Sensor Malfunction, or Hard-drive errors.

I had a Canon 'compact' that produced images like my screen-clip, especially in cold conditions-

ScreenShot275.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines