• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.PSD Files are not deleted

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have photoshop v 21.2.4 and lightroom classic. After preprocessing in lightroom, I process it in Photoshop, while it is deposited in the folder with the original photo. Psd file, which after processing and saving in jpeg. persists further. How can I make sure it is automatically erased after closing the program? After processing hundreds of files, the same number of .psd files remain, which must be erased manually.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK thre is no way to Auto delete any files built into either Ps or LrC. That would be Counter Productive to the way Computers are supposed to work.

Just think if one morning you woke up, turned on your computer and files you had been working on and planned on saving were auto deleted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your post was moved over from the "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This about file and folder management, not Lightroom. If you know you are going to delete a series of files at a later point, you put them all in a folder. Then you delete the folder.

BTW the normal procedure is to keep the PSD masters, but delete any derivative jpegs from them when they have served their purpose, because you know you can recreate them in a second. Jpeg is not suitable for archiving and further editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines