• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Lightroom Classic wants to record your screen"

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above message is popping up on my Macbook, and it is asking me to grant permission for screen recording.

Is this a feature I've activated, or is someone trying to hack my Macbook?

Latest version of Lightroom Classic, fully updated, Macbook pro running Catalina 10.15.1

Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Richard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems a bit suspicious... is there anything else running besides LR when it pops up? Do you have use a screen recording software and possibly activated it on accident? Screen recording isn't a feature native to LR Classic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you.

No, I don't have screen recording software installed.

The pop up was very specific. It bore the Lightroom icon/logo. I had lightroom open the first time it popped up, and it was closed the second time it appeared.

Other open applications were Photoshop, Quicktime (I do not recall opening quicktime), Vivaldi, Preview, Mail, Safari and Finder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT - I've just googled quicktime - it seems I do have a screen recording app 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when you have a secondary display and want to preview what the secondary display will look like on your main display. The item is in Window->Secondary Display->Show Second Monitor Preview. You might have accidentally activated that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this. I will keep an eye out. I've checked activity monitor on my mac, I don't have anything untoward running at present.

with best wishes,

Richard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you recently clear any photo cache folder or recently update to catalina? This could be lightrooms way of saving cache files to let you load your photos quicker. Take a screenshot of the photo or edit, save smaller file of it to help you load your photo quicker next time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I realize this thread is over a year old, but I recently had this happen to me while using Illustrator. Interested to learn if this is an Adobe feature or something nefarious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also just received this message on lightroom Classic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A screen recording alert is purely a change that Apple added in recent versions of macOS. As part of Apple’s drive to increase privacy and security, Apple decided to alert whenever an application samples the screen for any length of time, even just one quick snapshot of a small area of the screen. Many applications legitimately need to sample the screen so that tools like color samplers can work. Unfortunately, the Apple wording is very imprecise.

If you want more info about this, I wrote a more detailed explanation in another reply on this forum, with examples of this new Apple alert is making users of other Mac applications suspicious of their applications too, even though all that application is doing is sampling the screen for one legitimate reason or another.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines