• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This photo has already been imported."

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got an issue with importing images to lightroom, as it's greying out the vast majority of photos and telling me they've already been imported. Thing is, they haven't; I've just shot them. I've unticked "don't import suspected duplicates", but the issue persists, and seems to stem from having other images with the same file name (ones with unique names import fine).

How can I resolve this? I've tried uninstalling and updating Lightroom, but to no avail.

Thanks! 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THere have been bugs reported over the years where if you reset the numbering in your camera each time you start a new photo shot (so, for example, each photo shoot begins with DSC_0001.NEF), Lightroom Classic gets confused and this happens.

One solution is to bulk rename the photos before import using your operating system or third-party utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you store all your image file in the same exact Folder, IE No Subfolder separation?

That could also be the cause of this happening. When you Copied the files from the camera memory card that have the same name as ones already in that folder the originals got over written by the newer ones and LrC sees them as Already Imported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines