Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Raw Import/Export - Automatic dead pixels correction

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear all,

I just need confirmation if Adobe Lightroom Mobile and Adobe Lightroom CC apply the automatic dead pixels correction during RAW file import or JPEG/TIFF file export.

This question because my Fuji X-T10 has some dead pixels I can clearly see by "in-camera jpeg" files but after RAW import, post-production and JPEG saving by Lightroom (both in mobile or CC versions) I never seen them. Dead pixels seem disappeared.

So, can it depend by Lightroom automatic correction during import or export actions?

Thank you very much in advance.

Federico.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

So far as I know the removal of dead pixels is integrated into the Raw demosaicer algorithm - dead (and therefore black) pixels are disregarded if they deviate by a certain threshold from the values of their neighboring pixels. During import the only thing that happens, other than data entry to the catalog, is the processing of previews, but since they are themselves demosaiced color renditions, the dead pixels will have been removed. And during export the Raw data is again rendered, beginning w

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe Camera Raw, either in Photoshop or Lightroom has always removed dead pixels. I’m not sure if it works with jpeg files but it should be automatic with raw files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far as I know the removal of dead pixels is integrated into the Raw demosaicer algorithm - dead (and therefore black) pixels are disregarded if they deviate by a certain threshold from the values of their neighboring pixels. During import the only thing that happens, other than data entry to the catalog, is the processing of previews, but since they are themselves demosaiced color renditions, the dead pixels will have been removed. And during export the Raw data is again rendered, beginning with demosaicing. But since jpgs and other already rendered RGB images do not undergo this preliminary processing, dead pixels would not be removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much.

So, if I well understand, you are confirming me that dead pixels (precisely my case is relevant to the black pixels) are effectively removed during raw files import/export processing​ in Lightroom and the same correction cannot be done on jpeg files because there is not the demosaicing process, correct?

So, if I shoot in raw I solve the black/dead pixels problem anyway!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines