• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RAW+JPG tidy-up time

Contributor ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm doing some archiving work in LR Classic.

At the moment my machine is busy crunching through many years of old RAW files converting them to DNG with lossy compression and saving me a vast sum of disk space. It has been doing it so far for six days and probably has another three or four to go.

Much of my work was simply shot in RAW but not all. For the last few years I've shot RAW+JPG and imported them as RAW+JPG then edited the RAW files and ignored the "paired" JPG files. So there's some more stuff I could tidy off the drives.

In amongst those files are also some odd JPG files which are "not paired" with RAWs - for example I might have shot a pano on my phone at the same time as a folder of RAW+JPGs were shot and that's saved as a JPG along with all the files for a particular shoot.

I realise that these JPG files are also taking up space which I could free up because the "paired" JPGs that go with the RAWs are not the same any more, given that I've edited the RAWs.

I'm trying to work out a simple way to delete the "paired" JPG files without deleting "non-paired" JPG files at the same time.

Does anyone have any wise words to help me, please?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2024 Mar 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 02, 2024 Mar 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @john beardsworth that looks just the job for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 05, 2024 Mar 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@john beardsworth I've finally got to the point where I can try it out but Google Chrome is reporting your site as "not secure" and it tells me not to download that zip as it might have been tampered with "insecure download blocked". "This site isn't using a secure connection and the file may have been tampered with". MS Edge also reports it as not secure. 

I suspect that's because it's http not https.

A friend tried it and his Bitdefender came up with "Suspicious page blocked for your protection." It says it has an untrusted security certificate and waned him not to continue.

Any bright ideas/thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it's the http not https.

I've modified the post and included the script as simple text which you can copy from the browser window and paste into Notepad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, @john beardsworth  I've copied it down. I've got to go to work now so I'll try it properly soon!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines