• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recovering expired account

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used LightRoom software about 6 years ago. After my partner got cancer, we didn't travel and I didn't use the software nor did I update. Now I can't open the file. Is it recoverable?

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Big Brown,

I've been through that experience and totally understand why things get let go. 

We don't have a lot go on here though. What version of Lightroom is it? Do you mean the program file or the catalog file won't open? Are you seeing an error message? What OS are you on?  

Older versions of Lightroom won't run on more modern OS's. The subscription service is worth it though and you'd be able to update older catalogs to access edits etc from it. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I'm not quite ready to subscribe.  My business took off during the pandemic and I'm still too swamped to give any attention to it.  It sounds like you're saying you think I can access my old files if I subscribe.  I'll give it a try when I have some time.  I appreciate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI,  Unless you deleted something, your files should be usable. WHen you do want to get started again,  please tell us what computer OS and also the version of LR you are using. 

Someone here will surely be able to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines