• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

resolution of shared images in public album

Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if the resolution of images in a lightroom album is limited to 2048 x 1366 (633 Kb)

If I want to share a complete album, and make it downloadable, it looks like it is not possible to share images in the albun in HR? Has somebody an idea?

Ofcourse I can export files, but than I create another (extra) version.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Let's go over it again.....it you import images into Classic and then sync them to the cloud, only smart previews are uploaded to the cloud. That is by design. If you want originals in the cloud, you must import them first into any one of the Lightroom apps and those originals will be uploaded to the cloud, and from there a copy of them will also be downloaded into the sync-enabled Classic catalog (so don't try to import them again into Classic).

For all the images that you have previously syn

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about Lightroom Classic?

If so, you cannot upload full resolution images to the Adobe cloud for sharing. Other services, such as Dropbox or Flickr place no such restrictions on the size of uploads (but do cost extra).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for getting back, I do have both, but therfore i need to create a new file and that's what I want to forecome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch. Lightroom allows sharing of the JPEG downloads for shared albums.

Once you enable downloads (it's defaulted to off due to privacy concerns) for a shared album, visitors will download a full resolution JPEG of that image. The original file size should not be kept in comparison of the shared album image as the shared full-res version would be a JPEG.

For details, see: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/save-share-photos.html 

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, thanks for your reply.
I am not sure I understand you well, because when I share an image or an album as you describe,
and send the link to myself to check on my mobile I see it is not in the full size? Do I miss something?

I should like to have a flow with Lightroom that makes it possible to share all my photos as full jpegs
only by sharing an album with the permission to download.

For the moment I export each photo as full jpeg to a special created album in Dropbox which I share than again with my customer It means that each photo is extra exported and is still kept on my pc! So a lot of space and work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to share images/albums that can be downloaded as full resolution jpegs, that requires that the full resolution image is available in the cloud. That cannot be achieved using LrClassic, as LrC only uploads smart previews to the cloud (which are a maximum 2560 pixels on the long edge). To get full-res originals into the cloud requires that they be imported/added using any of the Lightroom clients (Mobile, Web, or Lightroom desktop), as those apps will always upload the originals.

It is possible to develop workflows that permit the storing of full-res originals in the clouds, but they can involve some effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank for your answer, I am using both LRC and LR they are linked and Synced, I do not understand how/why they cannot upload in HR right away? What should I change?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's go over it again.....it you import images into Classic and then sync them to the cloud, only smart previews are uploaded to the cloud. That is by design. If you want originals in the cloud, you must import them first into any one of the Lightroom apps and those originals will be uploaded to the cloud, and from there a copy of them will also be downloaded into the sync-enabled Classic catalog (so don't try to import them again into Classic).

For all the images that you have previously synced to the cloud from Classic, i.e. are only in smart preview form in the cloud, you can force Lightroom to change them to originals by adding them into Lightroom. The system detects that there's already a synced smart preview, so swaps that out for the full-res original. But that only works if the images that you import are already synced as smart previews from Classic, don't try to import images into Lightroom that are already in Classic but haven't yet been synced from Classic to the cloud.....that's a recipe for confusion.

Also bear in mind your cloud storage allowance. Unless you have bought some additional cloud space, the standard Photography Plan only includes 20GB of cloud storage....that'll get eaten up pretty quickly once you start uploading full-res originals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Clear! Thanks, I leave it as it is...too much risk for confusion as you say

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines