• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Retrieve presets from a mac system that i can't start.

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, first of all I apologize because my English is not very good and I am quite confused.

I have an iMac that I cannot start or repair, and I cannot access the Adobe Lightroom Classic program. The good thing is that externally with another system I can access the files, but the problem is that I have some very important preset image settings and I would like to recover them but I don't know how to do it.

Can someone help me please?.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What frustrating news

Can you explain and perhaps include a screenshot of the connection to the "dead" iMac as you see it on the "other system" as you put it thanks.

Any image attachments in your reply post should use the Insert Photo's icon in the reply window, and NOT the Insert/Edit Link icon thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My English is bad, I don't know if you will understand me.

I have the iMac OS on an external USB hard disk, when I try to start the computer the progress bar with the apple advances 3/4 and stays stopped, I have tried to reinstall the OS on that USB hard disk but the same thing keeps happening error and I cannot access the program.

I have installed the iMac OS on another USB hard drive and I can access the system, this helps me connect the USB hard drive that does not start so I can see the files it has inside, including the Lightroom files. Well, I remember that in the past the presets were stored in a folder, but right now I don't know what that folder was, just by knowing where they are I could copy them and recover them, does anyone understand what I mean? Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sin título.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develop presets are located somewhere else. Go to Users > YourUserName > Library > Application Support > Adobe > CameraRaw > Settings

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to apologize for bothering you and thank you for trying to help me.

I still can't find the solution.Sin título4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you double click on Macintosh HD on your desktop you should get see the following. See the screen capture and you should see the Users sub-folder.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 8.46.18 AM.png

Open the Users folder and select your user name.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In order to get to the user Library folder of the old iMac, you should not double click on the Macintosh HD icon, because that is your current computer. You need to find the Library folder of the old computer (the iMac), so you are on the right track.

Was "imac" your user name on the old computer??? If so, then it seems your Library folder is hidden. That is the default, so that is no surprise. With the iMac folder open, type Cmd-J. You should now see a 'View Options' dialog and at the bottom of that dialog there should be a checkbox to show the Library folder.

1 2021-02-05 16-53-23.jpg

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines