• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Custom paper sizes in the Book Module

Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2018 Aug 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will we have European (or custom) paper sizes in the BOOK Module?  I am fully aware that Blurb only supports US paper sizes but there are many non-US printing services which will print a book from jpg or pdf files.  You should be able to support sizes other than those used by Blurb. The recent improvements in LR 7.5 were great but I think will only be usable by American users.  Come on Adobe you have MANY users who do not use US paper sizes!!!!!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
41 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can't understand why Adobe doesn't bring such easy improvements that so much users would use. I'm wondering what we pay for in the subscription since there are always just small minor changes. Really sad...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 2 years since Reetesh Mukul replied to us that Adobe were discussing this but still nothing has happened and we still cannot use international paper sizes in LR's Book module.  WHY WHY WHY!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please add in the LightRoom LRC book module a way to freely custom the size of your books. Now you are forced to only use blurb sizes? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please make custom page sizes an option in the book module. It is so frustrating that one is locked into the Blurb solution where I want to use other printing services but they cannot handle the standard pdf output sizes. Please, please please. This has been requested for such a long time...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For all Adobe customers outside the USA that can't use Blurb but still want to create a book, having standard paper sizes or even custom ones is a must. Please create this possibility in a future update to Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also a bit frustrated that LrC does not include this option natively. I live outside US and using Blurb is too expensive, and I would like to fit the layout to the local available sizes. I will use the workaround to choose the closest size and trim later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free choice Book Page Size still remains a limitation in LrC and the best you can do is set the Book to JPEG in the Book Settings panel. You then get a couple more page size options than the Blurb Photo book. Choose a size that is close to the page RATIO you want.

Note with JPEG, (even choosing 5x8in 13x20cm) you can then set Resolution and Quality that would suit your book page size.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe will never support non-USA standards. I do not know why, but since 1982 this has been the case. For what-ever-you-wish-to-do in Europe Adobe is not your choice of product because they do properly, nor at all, support other than USA standards in their products. This is why their products are used by individuals who can adept, not by companies, in rest of the world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 11, 2022 Nov 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Terry, @Hnrik -- we will discuss these requests internally.
This was four years ago.  Still nothing.  The 80% of the world's population that is not the USA is metric.  Please do something, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As above, thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a bug. - moving to Ideas

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years on and still no ability to create a book on standard page sizes eg A4
Paper manufacturers have been supplying sets of paper and bindings for DIY printing for years and years, it's crazy LR can't utilise these still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2023 Aug 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please have the flexibility to sedign books in any dimensions?  This would allow us to create a PDF of the size required by other album providers an upload it to their system.

With one smallish feature change, we could completly enhance the use of the Book module.

Thanks very much

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one who asked for this was Julius Cesar.

Adobe told him: 'we are working on it'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Caesar, of course...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bitte schnell im Buchmodul folgende Möglichkeiten ergänzen:

1. Seitenformate indivuduell anpassen, wenn man NICHT Blurb nutzen möchte, und stattdessen PDF oder JPG anwählt. Mindestens DIN-Formate!!!
  2. Hilfslinien - warum gibt es die in der Seitenansicht nicht
  3. PRO: Musterseiten per Indesign gestalten und dann ins Buchmodul importieren können
  4. Besserer Umgang mit Typografie

ES WÄRE TOLL, WNEN DAS BUCHMODUL ÜBERARBEITET WIRD. Ich liebe die Idee, aber sie ist nicht ausgeferift. Danke! 

Votes

Translate

Translate