Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some folders aren't appearing in my LR catalogue when I use different computers

Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2020 Dec 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have my LR catalogue and all of my raw photos on an external hard drive. I mostly use LR on a 2015 iMac but I somtimes use a 2018 HP laptop. As you can see in the screenshots, some folders simply don't exist when I open LR on my laptop. This means that it can't find the files I need to work with. Both versions of LR are the same and I am opening the exact same .lrcat on both computers and the folders and photos are in the same place. I have tried "find missing files nearby" but it doesn't work. It only finds the one file that I manually find.

Thank you very much for your time!

instagram.com/matt_kolf

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so you are aware, many of us will not download and open attachments. Please include screen captures in your reply by clicking on the "insert photos" icon.

You can point Lightroom Classic to the proper location of the photos following these instructions: http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the future, So people don't have to download the image you have attached, please use the Insert Photos icon found in the Tool Bar of the Post and Reply text entry dialog window as pictured below.
Since you Can't Edit your original post to remove the Attached screen shot Please include the screen shot you attached to a new reply to this conversation by clicking the Blue Reply button under your original post and use the Insert Photos icon in the tool bar.
The Insert Photos icon is this one in the Tool Bar.

2020-11-19 10_13_55-Pasting images into posts - Adobe Support Community - 11608749.png

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not so much that you are using two computers to work with the exact same catalog on the one external hard drive. The issue is that you are working with two different Operating Systems. The two OS treat hard drive identity's differently, MACOS as names, WIN OS as Drive letters.

This leads to possible confusion. Erratic behavior.

This leads to a more complex Folders Panel

This leads to broken records as to folder and image locations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you and everyone else for their help. I am just going to sell my PC and buy a Mac, which is what I should have done in the first place...

instagram.com/matt_kolf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That make me laugh.

Why not sell the Mac and buy another PC.

Really!

Whatever. Best of luck. Happy seasons to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines