• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strange bug with profile and white balance

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a weird problem with presets in Lightroom. First of all: my default wb is always set to "As Shot". So I am importing a picture and the white balance is set to "As Shot", Temp 4.650 and Tint +4. Then I apply a preset on it called "Kodak Portra" wich includes the profile "Kodak Portra 400 C" - that's just an example, the problem hits with all presets that include profiles. The wb still says "As Shot" but is suddenly set to Temp 5.000 and Tint -24. But the wb in the picture doesn't actually change, it looks like before and so has the perfect white balance - as shot. Then I make a few adjustments and after that I want to apply the whole settings on a different picture. So I copy all settings and paste it on the next picture wich was taken in the exact same situation, basically it's the same picture, but this one now has a white balance like its on drugs - completely off. Even though it still says Temp 4.650 and Tint +4 like - as shot. To solve it there are two solutions:

1. I have to go to wb, set it to something different like "auto", then set it back to "As Shot" and suddenly it also has the white balance of the first picture after I applied the preset on it - Temp 5.000 and Tint -24 - and it looks perfect as it should, like the white balance has never changed.

or

2. I change the profile to something different like "Adobe Standard" and then back to "Kodak Portra 400 C". Then also the wb settings are Temp 5.000 and Tint -24 and the picture looks fine.

Can somebody please explain this to me? I am doing this procedure for years now with the same presets and the same camera (the problem appears also with other cameras). But since December I guess I am facing this problem. First with my MacBook Pro 13" late 2013 and now with my MacBook Pro M1. It is really annoying because when I want to develop a whole batch of pictures I have to select every picture afterwards and change the white balance. Thanks for your help!

Here are a few screenshot examples:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Classic 10.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

See whats new in the latest version here.

To update Lightroom Classic to 10.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

InsertImage files.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kodak Portra

Is that a Develop preset or a Profile preset?

And, what was the source?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

GoldingD_0-1610051684565.jpeg

GoldingD_1-1610051684567.png

GoldingD_2-1610051684567.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR 10.0 had a bug with copy-paste/sync of white balance, with symptoms that overlap with what you are describing (but not identical).  The bug was fixed in 10.1.  Troubleshooting steps:

1. As GoldingD indicated, do the menu command Help > System Info and ensure you're running LR 10.1, not 10.0.

2. If you're on 10.1, then upload the Kodak Portra preset and the Kodak Portra 400 C profile to Dropbox or similar and post the sharing link here. With that, we can hopefully replicate the problem on other LR installations and identify a recipe for reproducing the bug, which will allow an actionable bug report to be file.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies! @johnrellis I also read about this known bug when I first discovered these things last year and then waited for the update. Now I see that it seems not to be the same bug. I am indeed running version 10.1, you can find the system info as a .txt in the download. I also uploaded the Preset and Camera Profile that fits to the preset, but actually it doesn't matter wich one I use. I have different presets and profiles from different sources and it's all the same problem. As long as the profile gets changed, that bug occurs. But see for yourself, maybe it's just my Lightroom or something since I copied the whole Lightroom and Camera Raw library-folders from my old to my new Laptop. We will see, anyways - thanks for your help!

Here is the download link for the files: https://we.tl/t-fC3ohu4SlQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I observed slightly different misbehavior. I filed a bug report:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-white-balance-doesnt-copy-c... 

Please add your constructive opinion to the bug report, and be sure to click Like and Follow at the bottom of the first post. That will make it a little more likely that Adobe will prioritize a fix, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright thanks, but why is that a different misbehavior? To me it looks exactly the same but with he additional observation that the previews don't update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to give a like and follow but somehow I cannot login to that website. Is it not the regular login data for adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than entering your email and password, click "Photoshop Family" to login with your Adobe ID. (It's not obvious.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG why don't they just say "Login with Adobe ID" 🤦‍:male_sign: Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

This issue should be fixed in the Lightroom Classic 10.2 update that went live today. This update includes fixes to some of the top customer reported issues among other bug fixes. See Bug Fixes

See whats new in the latest version here.

To update Lightroom Classic to 10.2, click "Update" in the Creative Cloud desktop app next to Lightroom. See: More detailed instructions for updating

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines