• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switched to LRC from LR6 how to use LR6's processing for editing?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just switched from LR6 to LR Classic and my edits do not look the same. Do I need to change the processing version in LRC? If so, which processing version would I need to choose to obtain the same editing results as in LR6? Currently in LRC Version 5 is selected.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Lightroom 6 used Process Version 3 (PV3). You can change the PV a single image back to an earlier version from within the Develop module Calibration Panel or multiple slected images from the lightning badge in Develop module Historgram. Below screenshot might help.

Note that by choosing PV3 you lose access to some of the more recent feature additions (e.g. Color Grading). Therefore, unless you have a specific need to edit all new and future images in PV3, then I would recommend that you don't

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you might have to go back further, but I cannot tell you for sure. As you change process versions the editing controls will change. Seems to me if version 5 is selected then that would be the version  they were edited in using Lightroom 6, but I can't remember. Switching to the current version will give you the best tools, but that means you will probably have to make adjustmentts to the images. Whether or not you choose to do that would be your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New images or old previously edited images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New images. I notice the difference the most in the shadows. Specifically when I use the tone curve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 used Process Version 3 (PV3). You can change the PV a single image back to an earlier version from within the Develop module Calibration Panel or multiple slected images from the lightning badge in Develop module Historgram. Below screenshot might help.

Note that by choosing PV3 you lose access to some of the more recent feature additions (e.g. Color Grading). Therefore, unless you have a specific need to edit all new and future images in PV3, then I would recommend that you don't go back to PV3

Untitled-3.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just tried this out. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines