• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sync Settings not working

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with synch settings all of a sudden.  Making changes in one file, I should be able to select another file and click the 'sync settings' to get the other files to have the same settings.  As of today, doing so does not export those settings to the other selected file(s).    The adjustment icons appear on the selected files, but when you look at the images in 'Develop' there have in fact been no synced changes.  I've tried updating my MacOS  (10.13) and my Lightroom (2015.12).  I've even reset my preferences, all to no use.  Thanks ahead of time for help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

I figured it out.

If the source image's WB has not been changed from the raw file's imported setting, i.e. the WB panel says "As Shot", then when you synchronize or copy/paste from the source image, what is set in the target is "As Shot", and NOT the actual settings from the source image.  I.e. instead of pasting the source image's Temp/Tint values, it just resets the target image to ITS OWN "As Shot" values, having nothing to do with the source image's settings.

If the source image's settings hav

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synching with Lr means copying to the cloud, so that you can continue working there.

I suppose you want to copy/paste your development parameters. You can have a look here: Develop module options in Photoshop Lightroom .

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sync settings" has, for MANY, MANY years, meant the following:

1. Select several images
  2. Hilight the source image
  3. Click the "Sync..." button
  4. Select the settings you want to copy from the hilighted image to the rest of the selected images
  5. Click "Synchronize" to copy the develop settings from the source image to the rest of the selected images

"Sync" referring to mobile is a very recent and unfortunate overload of the term.

And yes, "Sync" in its original meaning has STOPPED WORKING.  It stopped working for me a day ago.

I upgraded to the just-released Lightroom CC Classic and it STILL DOES NOT WORK.

On the web I found a reference to clearing the Raw Cache, which I did, but this did not fix the problem.

Adobe, this is a MAJOR issue.  Not being able to sync develop settings across a range of images reduces Lightroom's functionality greatly.  Please address this as a high-priority bug and tell us what we need to do to restore this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further information

1. This seems to affect only WHITE BALANCE.  It seems to sync other settings OK, just WHITE BALANCE is not copied.
  2. It also affects COPY/PASTE Settings.  It appears you cannot copy/paste white balance from one photo to another

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2018 Jan 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have v7.1, and syncing is not working properly either in the develop module.

Scenario:

I select all the images in my filmstrip.

I change the "Shadows" value to 8.

Not all of the images are being affected. Some images change to value 8, and some don't.

I want to say this goes for any value for other parameters as well, not just "Shadows".

I'm not sure why certain images do and certain images don't.

Does anybody else have this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, in version 7.2 and 7.3. Not only sync doesn't work, it makes LR freeze. I just tried copying the develop settings instead and it also makes LR freeze.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went back to version 7.0 and sync works now, so it's definitely a problem with the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spoke too soon. It worked for a couple of times, but no more. Adobe, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 09, 2018 Aug 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update Aug 2018: I'm still having this problem and finding it affects ALL colour settings (e.g. monochrome, split tone, colour adjustments) not just white balance - but I agree it also affects paste settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really strange. I upgraded this morning. I have tried synchronizing a collection using Lightroom Mobile, I have tried updating an image by using the Previous button, I have highlighted multiple images and clicked on the Sync button, and all methods have worked as expected. I'm using Lightroom Classic on a Windows 10 computer. It's a very basic computer, nothing special, 8 GB RAM. I haven't found anything that isn't working as expected yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem surfaced a few days ago, BEFORE the upgrade.

I upgraded in hopes it would be fixed but upgrading did not fix it.

As I noted above, the problem seems to affect only white balance settings, and affects all methods of copying white balance from one image to another, bothSync Settings and Copy/Paste Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what is happening. I just tested the white balance synchronizing after I read your comment. The white balance synchronized as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then might be a catalog corruption that is starting to happen to more than one person. Is there a utility that can check for catalog corruption beyond what LR itself does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also tried discarding previews but that hasn't helped

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out.

If the source image's WB has not been changed from the raw file's imported setting, i.e. the WB panel says "As Shot", then when you synchronize or copy/paste from the source image, what is set in the target is "As Shot", and NOT the actual settings from the source image.  I.e. instead of pasting the source image's Temp/Tint values, it just resets the target image to ITS OWN "As Shot" values, having nothing to do with the source image's settings.

If the source image's settings have been tweaked from the "As Shot" values, then the ACTUAL temp/tint values are copied instead.

As far as I am aware, this is a recent change to the behavior as I've never had a problem copying WB settings.  I suppose it's remotely possible that in 10 years of using LR I've never attempted to copy WB settings from an unmodified image, but the chances of that are extremely remote.

Clearly there needs to be an option to copy ACTUAL values instead of the "As Shot" flag when the image has not bee modified.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, Thank you. I just noticed this a few weeks ago and it was driving me mad. All I did was change the WB setting by one and it went to "custom." (Maybe you can just change the WB setting to custom?) Anyways, now my WB setting is synchronized. thanks- you saved me a lot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue you're referring to has always been an issue since the beginning of LR, that the WB needed to have changed in order for it to sync. The problem some of us are having is that the sync doesn't work at all. In my case it even freezes LR. I tried purging the cache and still.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much!! It was the fact that is was as "As Shot" for the white balance as apposed to custom.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April, 2018, latest update 7.3.1 -no, 7.3.1 did not resolve the sync setting problems: there are changes to "sync settings" in 7.3.1 where copied settings will not 'paste' to a selected group of files.   the "sync setting" does not paste to all selected files - i.e. ctrl + v, the "sync settings" button now has a Auto selection with no explanation in update - I just lost 2-3 hours for Adobe's poor work - this is a curse on usability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synch works fine with me, so I suppose it's an account problem. Try Disconnect/Reconnect.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2021 Oct 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have no idea what you are talking about, so please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2018 Aug 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but it only started for me with latest LR CC upgrade 7.4. I find it makes no difference whether or not the colour balance has been changed, but it's intermittent and when it starts, it affects every attempt to Sync any colour settings (whether White Balance, Black & White, or Split Toning) on any file, even though it may be clear from the source file's history that that file itself had a monochrome or other colour mix synched successfully from another file. I find it sometimes works OK for a few files only to stop working again at some point.

I wonder whether it's to do with the process version; sometimes Synch offers the Black and White Mix option and other times it doesn't. Whatever the trigger, come on Adobe, how could you let this upgrade out with such a huge bug that months on still isn't resolved?

The only 'solution' I've found (inverted commas because this is a pain and a workaround, not an answer) is to switch to another monochrome source file that synched succesfully before; this usually works - at least unitl the point where it doesn't and I have to choose a new source file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem. WB settings will not sync any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same issues with syncing my settings to 100+ images. I haven't had any issues with just the white balance though. I tried selecting smaller groupings around 15 images and the sync seems to work just fine. Just very annoying when you have hundreds of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. Pretty bad bug, this. Makes syncing unworkable:

Syncing JUST the crop and process version settings (sequence: copy settings, clear all, select process, select all crop, select second picture, paste settings) changes all/most develop settings in the second picture. And the settings are NOT the ones in the first picture. It does not affect all pictures. Does not seem related to WB status.

In some of the affected pictures the settings are exactly as in one of the other other pictures (but not the "source"picture): WB unchanged, Tone 0 0 0 5 +50 +25 Presence 0 0 0.

New catalog, just a few photos.

Edwin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines