Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synching Folders doesn't work

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm trying to symchronize my Lightroom catalog/folders so I can get acces on different devices. Everything says it should work, but it doesn't. I can't see my synchronized folders except on this device, even though it says it's synchronized correcty. I simply can't get it to work... 

Do any of you have an idea about what I did wrong / why it doesn't work?

You can see in de SS (it's in Dutch, sorry) that the chronize symbol is in front of my folders. It's been like this for a while now, but it doesn't work. 

amyvk2000_0-1609609906368.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain what doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folders of which it says they're 'synchronized', won't show on other devices or in Lightroom Web. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Synchronize Folders has nothing to do with making photos appear on other device on on the web.

To share photos with "the cloud", you have to create a collection and then specifically share that collection with the web. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-mobile-desktop-features.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did that already. I have a collection and specifically synchronized it, just like it should be following the article you just shared. They don't appear in the cloud, even though it says it's synchronized correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where or what app are you using to view them in the “Cloud”

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a collection and specifically synchronized it, just like it should be following the article you just shared.

Well that's interesting because your title and text specifically stated it was folders that were being synchronized.

If you are synchronizing collections with "the cloud" then show us a screen capture of how you are trying to view the collections in "the cloud".

Also, please double check that when you try to view the photos in the "cloud" you are using the exact same email address you use when you log into the Creative Cloud on your computer with Lightroom Classic. Don't just say "yes, that's how I did it", because that's not what I am asking; please double-check and confirm that these are the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have a lot of  collectiuons and images synced with the Web/Mobile systems.

Have you actually gone to the lightroom.adobe.com website and Signed In with the correct Adobe ID that is being used for your subscription?

That is what you have to do.

https://lightroom.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines