Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Synchronize folder issue

New Here ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

After recent update to Big Sur and Lightroom 10.1 I found I can't synchronize my folders anymore in the way it asks to remove 13k photos and import same photos as "new". After re-import all edits gone.

Also if I choose Update folder locatio", error shown with message:

"UNIQUE constraint failed: AgLibraryFolder.rootFolder, AgLibraryFolder.pathFromRoot

Statement: UPDATE AgLibraryFolder SET rootFolder = ? WHERE id_local = ?; (error code 19)".

It's already been discussed here .

I'm just curious is there any other way to fix the case sensitive path except renaming my user name to lower case? Is there anyway to modify lightroom file with correct path? 

Thank you!

PS: IMHO, case sensitivity is an absurd :facepalm:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

There is only ONE way to correct the 'Capitalization' problem and the procedure MUST be followed 'to the letter' (Your folder names will differ, of course). See the procedure given in these links-

One by @JohanElzenga -  CAPITALS FIX

And another guru with the correct answer by- @Jim WildeCAPITALS ERROR Nov2017

And the Lightroom Queen sets out the steps in her blog article- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

And as you may have read in the "discussed" link- 'Synchr

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is only ONE way to correct the 'Capitalization' problem and the procedure MUST be followed 'to the letter' (Your folder names will differ, of course). See the procedure given in these links-

One by @JohanElzenga -  CAPITALS FIX

And another guru with the correct answer by- @Jim WildeCAPITALS ERROR Nov2017

And the Lightroom Queen sets out the steps in her blog article- https://www.lightroomqueen.com/capitalization-catalog-error/

And as you may have read in the "discussed" link- 'Synchronize Folder' is totally the wrong thing to do. It will mess up your Catalog even worse.

You may need to restore the catalog from a recent backup and follow the correct procedure if it is the 'Capitalization' problem you are trying to fix.

'Synchronize Folder' should only be used to IMPORT 'new' photos that may have been added to folders that exist in the Catalog.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @Rob_Cullen !

The CAPITALS FIX workaround did help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines