• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tethered capture Canon R6

New Here ,
Nov 26, 2020 Nov 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the Canon R6 be able to use tether capture in Adobe Lightroom CC?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Tethering support for the Canon EOS R5 and R6 is now availavle via Lightroom Classic 10.2 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your fellow members on this community site are not Adobe employees. We have no idea. And Adobe is very bad at sharing such information.

As for what cameras are supported, see:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not use Canon EOS Utility + LR auto-import? EOS Utility gives much more controls for tethered shooting (e.g. Live view).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the only I could get tethering to work but it doesn't seem as fast as tethering directly as it has to detect the new file then import it into LR catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with my R6.
I have LR5 classic. Will this be solved if I upgrade to creative cloud? 

I also have problems connecting my camera to EOS Utillity that I have always used with my Canon 6D. The EOS Utillity software simply doesn't recognise my R6 camera. 

Do you know how I can solve this?
Thanks a lot in advance 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get the newest EOS utility.  It supports the R6 for remote shooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your quick reply - I really appreciate it 🙏🏻

I am not that techy - do I have to uninstal (or delete) my present EOS Utiliuty 3 on my computer? Might be a stupid question, but how/where do i do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should just have to download the latest version from Canon and it will overwrite the old version.  No need to uninstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob, I downloaded the latest update to EOS Utility and it works 🙌🏼

Thank you for your kind help!

What I don't understand is that I was told that my (quite old) version of the classic Lightroom (where you purshased and downloaded the software) - the LR5 - wouldn't be able to work with my new Canon R5. 

And now it does... 

Do any of you know why this is 🤔?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an interesting tip.
I have tried this but this is not fluent and as fast as the tethered capture in LR.
thank you anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to be clear I understand what you mean 😉
You find it better to capture directly into Lightroom usung the LR tether-function (instead of first into ESO Utility that then automatically imports to LR)?

I use the combination of EOS Utility + LR because Utilily allows me to do live view. Does LR allow live view as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No LR doesn't allow liveview which may be a pity sometimes but in my case I don't care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While the EOS R6 and R5 are not currently supported, I expect Live View will feature when they are. In the meantime, below is a list of cameras with tether support.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/tethered-camera-support.html

At bottom of above page you'll see a list of Canon cameras with Live View support when tethered. I've copied the list below in case you have trouble finding it.

Live View support - Canon cameras

The following Canon camera models support Live View in Lightroom Classic:

• Canon EOS 5D Mark III
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
  • Canon EOS 6D
  • Canon EOS 5D Mark II
  • Canon EOS 7D
  • Canon EOS 80D
  • Canon EOS 5DS

Note: Live view for Canon 5D M2 works only with the Still Only mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2022 Jun 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I ahve done all of this but inside of LR it wont let me turn on, auto import to complete the process. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are Auto Import settings specified? It's not possible to enable until you specify Watched Folder and Destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2023 Aug 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Interesting ! Can you explain how to use auto-import LR with EOS Utility 3 ?

What a mess ! Canon R6 Mark II isn't working with tetjer capture in Lightroom Classic ! I really don't understand why !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and please avoid using the words Lightroom CC. Adobe no longer markets the product that way. Currently Lightroom Classic. Using the terms Lightroom CC can imply you are refering to the cloud centric  Lightroom (aka as Lightroom Cloudy by members, Lightroom Desktop by Adobe Techs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi every one 

is there any info on this ?
When wil it be possible to use R6 for tethered capture ?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already stated in this thread, we're not Adobe, we don't know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be possible when/if Adobe adds that capability. You will know when that happens as soon as any other LrC user knows, and not before. It has been a long-standing policy for Adobe not to disclose future plans in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is not the question.
we all know that Adobe people are also on this community forum.
they could maybe give info or at least know that some people need this functionality so that they can work on it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe people who do show up, do so only rarely (and lately the rarity is much more rare than it was say a year ago), and they never make product announcements until Adobe has released the version, never before.

And so it is true, as stated by @JP Hess , that "It has been a long-standing policy for Adobe not to disclose future plans in advance." So, despite your "this is not the question" comment, it is the question, and you have as complete an answer as anyone in this forum can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users need certain features that LrC doesn't presently offer, and those users feel Adobe should provide status reports on when/if those features will be available. Consider the task of trying to do that. Adobe supports hundreds of cameras from many different manufacturers. Can you imagine the daunting task of trying to keep the public informed of what the development team is working on and then having users demand to know WHEN certain features are going to be available, and what is holding up features that are "in development"? From Adobe's point of view, I can understand why the company thinks it's better not to indicate what is in development. I have been using Lightroom since the old Lightroom version 2, and it seems to me that Adobe is constantly working to improve the product. But announcing what features are under development raises the anxiety level of users who are waiting for features that could possibly be delayed for refinement purposes. If Adobe rushes a feature and users are not happy with how that feature functions then Adobe faces the wrath of angry users. Personally, I think Adobe has the right policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2021 Jan 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to tether Eos R6 on LR version 10.1. It is not detecting the camera. I have alraedy updated the canon utility to version 3 or latest one. Please any heads up. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you probably know by now, Lightroom 11.1 supports tethering for the R6. Although I still highly recommend the "EOS Utility"-route since that will enable you to shoot wireless. The R6 has no secure cable connection, like the 5D4 has. Damaging your R6 by pulling the cable tight for instance, is very likely to happen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines