• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The photo looks different in Library and in Develop

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, only some Photos, where is big contrast I see different in Develop modul after editin. When I edit Photo and than I go to the view mod, i see some changes in Photos. You can see it here:

1) Dropbox - Screenshot 2019-03-27 22.08.25.png (this is what I see in develop)

2) Dropbox - Screenshot 2019-03-27 22.08.15.png (but this is what I see in Library and in export)

Can you help me pleas?

System info:

Lightroom Classic version: 8.2 [ 1204643 ]

License: Creative Cloud

Language setting: en

Operating system: Mac OS 10

Version: 10.14.3 [18D109]

Application architecture: x64

Logical processor count: 8

Processor speed: 3,1 GHz

Built-in memory: 16 384,0 MB

Real memory available to Lightroom: 16 384,0 MB

Real memory used by Lightroom: 1 216,0 MB (7,4%)

Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 5 376,1 MB

Memory cache size: 77,2MB

Internal Camera Raw version: 11.2 [ 134 ]

Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5

Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2

Camera Raw virtual memory: 561MB / 8191MB (6%)

Camera Raw real memory: 571MB / 16384MB (3%)

Graphics Processor Info:

Metal: AMD Radeon Pro 560

Message was edited by: Tomáš Malý

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

So I see the same issue as you do, there's something wrong with the DNG. Did you convert from a proprietary raw and might you have that original?

When I toggle between Library and Develop, I see it update. I've tried reconverting the DNG (no good) and I opened it in ACR and see the same initial rendering as shown in Library (Darker). Save Metadata and Preview command in LR doesn't do anything either.

So it sounds like this isn't happening with all files, just a few of these DNGs? We need to know

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A similar issue was reported in the Photoshop Family forum at the below link. It's due to using using Smart Previews for editing. The solution is to uncheck the below Preferences option, restart LR, and make sure the original file is available if on an external drive.

Manage Workspace - Get Satisfaction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same issue on LR6.14 with an underexposed DNG. Found it unaltered between Library and develop when using 1:1. Found it entirely resolved when I removed the preference for "Use smart Previews instead of Origianls"

Thanks for the hint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 29, 2019 Mar 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmaly.cz  wrote

Hi, only some Photos, where is big contrast I see different in Develop modul after editin. When I edit Photo and than I go to the view mod, i see some changes in Photos. You can see it here:

2) Dropbox - Screenshot 2019-03-27 22.08.15.png (but this is what I see in Library and in export)

Question: ONLY this one file or ALL files?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tmaly.cz  wrote

Just to clarify the above darker Library screenshot is what I see in both the Library and Develop modules. The brighter Develop module screenshot is the one that's actually incorrect! Exported files also look like the Library module screenshot and the same as my Library module and Develop module rendering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this same problem.  I have been printing and calibrated my monitor to get the colors correct so that the prints would match the display.  Then in Lightroom I was editing and seeing the image much more saturated than in the Library view.  When I export the image matches what is in Lirbary.  Also it was a pain to have to keep editing in Develop and then checking in Lirbary to get the image the way I wanted.

I found it is caused by the 'Use Graphics Processor' , if I unclick this, then the Library image matches the Develop image.  This looks like it is a bug in Lightroom.  Lightroom should use the Active Display Color Profile when it uses the Graphics Processor.  Unchecking the graphics processor may make performance worse when editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same here :(.

when I turn on Use Graphic Processor, the colors in Develop are more saturated...

update: when I turn the color profile to Adobe RGB, the colors are the same in develop and library no matter the GPU is turned on or off... but when I switch profile to my color calibration, the develop is more saturated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Any comments back from Adobe here on this bug..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having a similar issue where all my photos were showing as much more saturated in the Library module than the Develop module (and were exporting as they showed in the Library module). This suggestion to toggle off 'Use Graphics Processor' worked to fix it for me, now the image looks the same in both modules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having the same problem, toggle off the processor and now fixed. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue that you describe, the image in the Develop module is way more sturated than in the Library module.  However, for me, my exports are matching what's seen in the Develop module...not the Library module. 
So weird!
When I turn off the "Use Graphics Processor" setting, the Develop module changes to match the Library module.  Setting it to Auto or Custom have the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

** UPDATE **

I was able to resolve this by reprofiling my monitor...which I think is something that was mentioned above.  I used a ColorMunki Display device to do this.  I know this does not help those of you that do not calibrate your monitors.  However, your comuter has a profile for your monitor regardless of whether or not you calibrate it.  So this does suggest that the issue people are experiancing may be related to a corrupt profile for your monitor.  You might be able to get new or updated profiles from the manufacturer of your monitor or else where online.

As a side note though, if you are doing work that requires accurate colors I highly recomend calibrating your monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing this problem for at least a year or two now and agree it's disappointing to have heard nothing from Adobe on the bug. The only solution I've found is to simply quit Lightroom and reopen. After that, the image looks the same in the Library and Develop modules, confirming that this is not stemming from monitor calibration or color profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having an issue like this.  It had absolutely NOTHING to do with profiles.  For me it was the quick develop preset got set to "custom" somehow.  When I set it back to "default" it started matching again.  Only posting becuase other people coud be reading this thread looking for other possible causes.  A mismatch between quick develop setting in Library module, and the color profile in Develope module could definitely cause differences.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2021 Mar 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent the better part of an hour with an Adobe tech the other day.  Nothing seemed to work until she suggested that I create a new catalog.  I then imported on folder of images and the problem disapeared (in the new catalog).  Now all I have to do is find an efficent way of reimporting the contents of my original catalog into the new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I need some help please, as I can't find a solution to this problem.

Already tried to open a new catalog but did nothing to solve the problem. Also quitted and reopened...nothing.

The issue started out of nowhere and the images appear way less saturated in develop than in library.

Above is stated that we can toggle off the option "Use graphics Processor" but can't even find suce option after several minutes of searching for it. Also, can't find "quick develop preset" anywhere.

Anyone available to help please? I'm kinda new to Lightroom and this is driving me insane as it's impossible to work this way.

Thank you so much in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Bernado5c69, you are posting in a thread that's over one year old, please post the following info, your operating system including version number and builds also the exact version number of the Adobe application you are using.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel the same problem, if I turn off "Use graphic processer" it's solved the problem. But it slow down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2022 Dec 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I feel the same problem, if I turn off "Use graphic processer" it's solved the problem. But it slow down.

By @Ãladdin27525055ip58

If turning OFF the GPU works, it's a GPU bug, and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
Also see:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines