• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

top of frame cut out when switching to Develop mode

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have LR Classic running on a macbook pro.  when I click on Develope mode to work on an image from the grid the top 10 to 20% of the picture is cut off in Develop.  There is a white banner above the image listing the file name.  When I click  "Fit" this does not restore the fiull image.  When I click on 1:8 I can now see the whole image but it is very small and too small to work on in Develope.  There must be a way to have the full image show in the Develop panel without having to minimize to 1:8.  Any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Press the "i" key once, and if that doesn't work one more time. What you are most likely seeing is the image info. In certain cases (I do not remember exactly, but I think you are using an outdated version of Lightroom) that causes a white band rather than the text info.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you post a full-resolution screenshot, that could provide important clues about the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...a screenshot of your entire screen, not cropped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Press the "i" key once, and if that doesn't work one more time. What you are most likely seeing is the image info. In certain cases (I do not remember exactly, but I think you are using an outdated version of Lightroom) that causes a white band rather than the text info.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pressing "i" worked!.  thank you.  My version of LR says 2017.  I am paying every year for LR and PS so shouldnt it be updated to the newest version automatically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to update it from the Creative Cloud app. In the Help menu, Click Updates... you may need to update the Creative Cloud app first. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@bs5007 wrote:

pressing "i" worked!.  thank you.  My version of LR says 2017.  I am paying every year for LR and PS so shouldnt it be updated to the newest version automatically?

October 2017 was the release of the very first version that was called 'Lightroom Classic', meaning you have never updated it in 4 years...

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines