• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to locate renamed files

New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another mess from Lightroom, adviced to rename photos in Library/Library/rename photos/f2  so followed advised route, Lightroom deleted them hid them or lost them. After much searching they have vanished from lightroom Library/Develop  all of Lightroom classic. No help from anyone at Adobe, This is the worst service anywhere.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain what you did. Detailed step-by-step, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am unwilling to explain once again I have had enough of my time wasted by Adobe so I will just write reviews on their shoddy customer service help and take my money elsewhere. Andrew. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that you're angry. But if you are unwilling to describe your problem more detailed and to answer the relevant questions, then don't be surprised if nobody answers and helps you.

This here is a public forum and not the Adobe support. We're all normal user as you are and we treid to help in our spare time. So please be curteous and stop ranting.

If you like to get help directly from the Adobe support please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help.

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below.

You have to allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent" to get a human and not the chat bot.

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from the begining 2 weekends ago I drove from home to Potteric Carr to photograph some birds.That day I walked 14000 footsteps drove over 5 hrs there and back and took numerous images. I had 6 photos that stood head and shoulders above the others taken that day. 

Taking the advice of one of the genius Lightroom chat helpers I followed the link word by word that she had sent me. Library/library/rename photos/f2. As soon as i did this they vanished from the Library, I searched all the obvious folders, looked for new places that may of been created for the newly renamed files/photos but nothing found.

What enrages me most is the response from the chat helper/customer support team. I asked where they may be (straight obvious question) but no answer given just obvious stalling tactics then i was disconnected by the chat host.No ranting had taken place yet.

Once back on the chat i was repeatedly asked the same questions over and over and moved from technical help to accounts and back to technical help everytime hitting the same stalling tactics and being asked the same questions but still no answer given.

Please tell me I am wrong for being upset and angry.

I appreciate that you help peaple like me in your own time and I am sure you know your stuff but Adobe is 

exstremely poor at helping out once they have your cash. The support is rubbish and it is now 24hrs since this began. Not a word from anybody connected to Lightroom.

Thank you 

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If LR lost photos when renaming, there would be lots of posts with claims like yours. So it's likely the photos are in the catalogue, just not where you think.

In the Catalog panel, select All Photographs. Then enable the Library Filter and filter the grid down to the day(s) when you took the photos. Now see if you can spot them in the grid.

Might you have started a new catalogue after renaming?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for that reply.
All Photos was searched top to tail shortly after the files/photos went missing.
Every folder, name, date, and place has been searched. Not once but more.
I suspected that LR may of created a new catalogue or folder somewhere when the files vanished but this search has also become pointless and futile.
Thanks Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please repeat that search as I described, using the Library Filter. You know which date you took the photos, and renaming would not change that.

johnbeardsworth_0-1657906831766.png

Maybe just take a quick look at the menu File > Open Recent and see if that indicates that you created a new catalogue, and the renamed photos were recorded in one of the other catalogues.

When you import, do you check the setting in the Import Dialog's File Handling section to make a second copy? If you have accidentally deleted the files, you could reimport them from there. Or they could be in the Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2022 Jul 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thanks for the reply but we have been down this route. Obviously we looked at the date , lens,focal length etc but they are not there. We did have a very similar situation a few months ago when lots more photos ( unimportant ones) vanished .Adobe plodded through the motions as they do, but we never refound the photos and gave up on Adobe helping us.

Yesterday I spoke with Adobe/ Lightroom on the phone and they say they will ring me back at 6pm this coming Monday 18th. Apparently they do not have anyone available at the moment who can help me.Also nobody was available yesterday afternoon in the accounts department to discuss a rebate for this ongoing problem that they are unwilling to help me with.

On top of this. My anti virus is up to date and is not a free version, we are well protected.

Thanks ndrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many posters here have much more practical and varied experience than Adobe's employees can ever have. It's your choice whether you choose to take advantage of that, but over the years I've been in countless situations where people have protested "I've already done this/that". When you patiently take them through the process, they sometimes mention some key detail they've omitted or find that suddenly the problem has been solved and claim it's down to your magical touch.

If I were in their shoes, I wouldn't offer any rebate because I simply don't believe that this is a fault in Lightroom. Maybe they'll just give in, but all you gain is the money and you still have the problem. Your choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for the reply, but I will not accept that my versin of Lightroom runs correctly therefore I refuse to pay for something that is faulty. I have had numerous issues with the whole set up since it was downloaded. Adobe know they have bugs but still drag their feet and stall. 

As a user you must know that the customer support is shocking, Ive had less hassle switching internet providers. 

The level of arrogance thrown at me each time I raise a issue with them is astonishing,and now I will leave as soon as my next payment is due. I know when I am beaten. There are other products out there that must run better than a overweight three legged pig like Lightroom.

Thanks Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to the above reply Lightroom now refuses to let me rename any of the files that I was hoping to work on over the next few days.When i hit rename photos f2 nothing happens, I restarted Lightroom and it still persists on doing nothing.Now tell me that this Lightroom is the creme of the crop please.It is not even capable of allowing me to rename a file. I await your fix with baited breathe. 

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Starting from the begining 2 weekends ago I drove from home to Potteric Carr to photograph some birds.That day I walked 14000 footsteps drove over 5 hrs there and back and took numerous images. I had 6 photos that stood head and shoulders above the others taken that day. 

Taking the advice of one of the genius Lightroom chat helpers I followed the link word by word that she had sent me. Library/library/rename photos/f2. As soon as i did this they vanished from the Library, I searched all the obvious folders, looked for new places that may of been created for the newly renamed files/photos but nothing found.

What enrages me most is the response from the chat helper/customer support team. I asked where they may be (straight obvious question) but no answer given just obvious stalling tactics then i was disconnected by the chat host.No ranting had taken place yet.

Once back on the chat i was repeatedly asked the same questions over and over and moved from technical help to accounts and back to technical help everytime hitting the same stalling tactics and being asked the same questions but still no answer given.

Please tell me I am wrong for being upset and angry.

I appreciate that you help peaple like me in your own time and I am sure you know your stuff but Adobe is 

exstremely poor at helping out once they have your cash. The support is rubbish and it is now 24hrs since this began. Not a word from anybody connected to Lightroom.

Thank you 

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
No point no one helps no one listens... I have had enough time wasted to know when I am having the urine extracted from me.. Please reply if you can prove me wrong on any of the above points. 
Andrew Bates. 

Sent from my phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What hard drive do you keep your photos on?

2. Using Windows File Explorer, search that drive for images using whatever file extension is correct for you photos.

3. Hopefully sorted by time.

4. Any luck?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have a SSD hard drive C and a backup drive D. I keep my ongoing files on the c drive and use Drive D to store them.
They have been searched believe me...the problem is Lightroom...it now seems to have a malfunction when I try to rename something...The rename photos under Library does not function as it should. You dont have to believe me neither, my younger brother could not understand it and my partner has given up with it.
Thinking of backing everything onto a external drive and deleting the whole show.
Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2022 Jul 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further to our conversation ...I have one qustion ..I bet you can guess the answer...Adobe sent a email saying no technical help was available until 6pm today,its now 7pm and guess what ????

Now tell me Adobe care !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all gone quiet with the replies on here. Friday Adobe told me that no one was available to help me with technical issues  until this evening 6pm , they even sent an e-mail to back this up claiming that someone would ring me on my number at this time and that it was carved in stone that this would happen...Guess what ? 

90 minutes late yes 90 minutes I recieved a call from someone I suspect was attached to Adobe because he could hardly speak English and he was ringing from inside a F1 wind tunnel.

Now please tell me that Adobe care about my missing files and photos and are taking this problem seriously.

Like I say its all gone quiet 

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its all gone quiet with the replies on here.

By @A. J. Bates

No-one here owes you anything. You weren't going along with suggestions, and said you were going to dump LR anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get Outlook for Android<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever that means.... Check your trash, look in the folder location set for second copies in the Import dialog, get the files from your backup, bye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct no one owes me anything I only came on here looking for help after hitting a wall with Adobe Super Duper Customer support backup helpline. Also I have decided to give my hard earned pennies to another company but not until I make it clear and obvious to anyone who is thinking of going down the same road as I did that this is a bad choice in my opinion.

I think this is the honourable way to exit Adobe. Its just like giving feedback on Ebay or writing a review on Booking.com. Adobe will get the review on many platforms they deserve.

Andrew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I have said, if the problem you described was a genuine problem with LR, we'd be flooded with similar complaints or those who've responded here might have remembered a similar report. In my last reply I gave 3 things I would check, any of which might rescue those files. But they say the grass is always greener....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 20, 2022 Jul 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been out of the country and just catching up.  I apologize if this has already been suggested, but I haven't fully read every post in this thread.

You may want to try resetting your preferences file back to factory settings.  Which may clear your "F2" (rename) issue and oddly enough has also been known to "fix" things that no sane person would assume could be related to a preferences file.  Long shot, but one never knows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question we forgot to ask (or I am overlooking it)

What version of LrC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines