• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unespected error catalogue

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help! I am not able to open up my lrc catalogue in lightroom classic anymore....the issue is like this

Schermata 2021-04-07 alle 10.47.44.png

 even if I chose the option of changing catalogue it doesn't open.

Even Tried to reinstall older version it didn't work.

I am unable to work today. please give me a suggestion creative cloud subsciber since 2016

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

If you make a backup of a possibly corrupted catalog file, your back has the same possible corruption. In other words, if it is corrupted, the backup is useless.

Didn't you make backups before this problem happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to open the last backup of your catalog.

If this doesn't help, please give us more informations including the following :

Adobe product and version number

Operating system and version number

The full text of any error message (s)

What you were doing when the problem occurred

Screenshots of the problem and/or error messages

Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; the amount of RAM; etc

To insert screenshots, please use the "Insert Photos" icon in the toolbar, so that we don't have to download them.

insert graphic mini.png

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem with all of Giovannis variations from today.

Screenshot 2021-04-07 at 17.01.09.png

 It does not want to open any Cat, even old ones. Over the weekend everything was working fine.

I'm on a Mac Pro 2013, Mac OS Big Sur 11.2.3, RAM 16 GB and have been on Creative Cloud new contract (PS & LrC) since 28/3/2021, but has been a long time Lr user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try copying a backup copy of your catalog file and putting it in a brand new empty folder. Does that work? If not, make a new copy of the same backup and put it on a different disk, and see if it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THX. It worked following your first recipe! Before this I even reinstalled LrC, but zilch.

But why did it happen?

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@petrusl19082089 

It worked following your first recipe! Before this I even reinstalled LrC, but zilch. But why did it happen?

Impossible to be sure sitting here across the Internet and not at your computer, however I think the most likely explanation is that a hard disk malfunction has corrupted the catalog file; obviously your backups would not have this issue. I would certainly run diagnostics on your hard disk to make sure everything is working properly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately still not working. I copied the catalogue folder from the folder images to a different folder on my mac desktop. Did I do something wrong? Photpshop is working perfectly.

Thanks, what a mess.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@giovannis61297809 

I copied the catalogue folder...

You do not copy the catalog folder.

You copy a backup of the catalog file and put it into a brand new empty folder, and see if it opens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and copying the catalogue backup to a new folder and trying to open from there doesn't work....i also ran diagnostics on my hard drive and repair permissions (on a Mac) and nothing turned up there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on the premise that a hard disk malfunction may have corrupted the catalogue, (it runs fine in 10.1) is there any way to clean up the catalogue so I can open it with 10.2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem, and copying the catalogue backup to a new folder and trying to open from there doesn't work....i also ran diagnostics on my hard drive and repair permissions (on a Mac) and nothing turned up there. 

By @patm34529560

Did you try copying the backup to a different disk, and opening it from there?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. and can you explain why a backup would not have the same corrupted files on the current catalogue if i've been having the same problem going back a few months?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is indeed a hard disk malfunction causing the problem, and the malfunction happened last night after you went to bed, or today while Lightroom Classic was reading the file, then the working catalog would show the problem but backups from yesterday and earlier would not.

But if the catalog runs fine in Lightroom Classic 10.1, then you should use that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've been having the same problem going back a few months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

on another note, 10.1.1 works fine, except that I can't export a PDF from the Book Module. Someone suggested clicking and unclicking the graphics box, which I tried, but that function is still not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi.....didn't work out . I made a backup copy of the catalogue and it didn't open in a new folder on my mac and even opening it from the external hd didn't change the story......Thank You for your efforts....how can I try to survive this mess? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, @giovannis61297809  perhaps you could clarify something.

When did you make the backup copy? Before all of these problems started, or just in the last day or two?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only yesterday

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you make a backup of a possibly corrupted catalog file, your back has the same possible corruption. In other words, if it is corrupted, the backup is useless.

Didn't you make backups before this problem happened?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unfortunately I didn't

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I have found an old copy of the catalogue and now lrc opens with the old catalogue on an ext. hd! Thank You . Of course It still doesn't open with the now corrupted catalogue I was using everyday. Do I have to merge the corrupted one with the old one that actually works? Do I have to transfer all the new pictures to the old catalogue that works .... and how? thank you again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not "have to merge...". You can if you want to. Merging a possibly corrupted catalog file with one that works is dangerous. Please make sure you have backups of the working catalog before you try anything. Please begin a process of regular and automated backups to a different physical disk. If the problem persists on the original disk, you want to replace it as there is a high probability that the original disk is malfunctioning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the original disk is the current ssd on my macbook what do you mean when you say "replace it" ? I tried to fix it with the disk utility that reported no malfunction. Now I have an old copy of my now corrupted catalogue that lacks all the pictures of the last 18 months.....and can be launced only from an ext hd.....what do you reccommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ciao come hai risolto il problema. Anche io ho la scheramta che hai postato.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is an answer marked correct in this thread. Did you try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines