Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updates for LR6

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've got a disc version of LR6 which I've had to install on new PC. 

Problem is, it seems that the updates which were available for this version are no longer available which means it longer supports my camera.

Can I update LR6 to regain my old camera profiles or have Adobe locked them away?

Any advice please??

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2021 Feb 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR6 has passed "end-of-life" and not supported by Adobe in any way.

You may be able to obtain a v6.14 from this site-

6.14 download VERY IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS

The current version 10.1.1 is called Lightroom-Classic available by subscription to the 'Photography Plan (20GB)'

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @Rob_Cullen I spent ages trying to find a link recently. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2021 Feb 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The post by Wobert, provides the link to obtain the Installer for the final release of Lightroom 6 which is 6.14. It is a complete installer, not an update.

With respect to this quote "Can I update LR6 to regain my old camera profiles or have Adobe locked them away?"

The installer will install all the profiles created by Adobe for LR 6.14, if you had created user profiles or purchased from other parties you will have to recover them from your old PC. So you will need to recover them along with your Catalog file if restore where you were previously. You will need to login into your Adobe ID and have the serial number ready to enter to activate the application.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding to the previous posts

Also, consider that the older version (LR6) will not support new cameras as this may be a good time to consider upgrading.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines