• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Files with Wrong Time Stamp in Lightroom Classic CC

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try taking a video and import it into LR Classic CC. I have proof from my phone when I took and what it shows on the camera then it being different in LR. From my iPhone.  Shows bottom left 2019-09-23 6:13pm which is the correct time.

IMG_5063.JPG

After Importing it, on the right even the filename is wrong. My settings import is both Date and Time. So it's wrong in the Filename AND in the Metadata Date, and the Date Time Digitized

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 3.38.16 PM.png

As you can see in my filename is should be 20190923_001813

Screen Shot 2019-09-26 at 3.38.59 PM.png

Any Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar issue with my Sony A99M2 and A77M2 cameras. Typically I will import the video (usually MP4) into Sony's Playmemories Home Browser aka PMB so I can edit before finally importing into LR CLASSIC. By doing this PMB will give the MP4 a modd sidecar file. Unfortunately, apparently LRC doesn't read the modd side car files. Will Adobe ever allow LRC to read the modd files and either convert to LRC sidecars or at least give option to write metadata from disk?

"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." ~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2019 Oct 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera recorded the capture time as 2019-09-23 18:13, while LR read the capture time as 2019-09-24 00:13:02, a difference of 6 hours. Are you in a time zone that is UTC - 6 (e.g. MDT)?  If so, this issue is most likely caused by the poorly written QuickTime spec, which doesn't provide a standard mechanism for cameras to record time zones in the metadata.  See here for details:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/canon-5d-mark-iv-video-capture-time-incorrect...

You could post your camera and request that LR handle it specially, as it does with a few of the most popular phones and cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 05, 2019 Oct 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHOAAAAA!!!!! You are right!!!! OMG. Come on LR (ie.Adobe) Lets get this done!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user-to-user forum and Adobe won't see your feedback here, so be sure to post on the bug report I linked to previously. Adobe does read everything posted there and sometimes engages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a known issue for probably a decade now and extremely maddening. Adobe clearly has no plans to fix it and it's on their list of known issues for lightroom. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/known-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible workaround: Change the time zone in the camera settings to UTC. The camera will then record capture times without adding a time-zone offset, and LR will read those times as recorded (interpreting them as local time),

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi johnrellis,
the workaround you mentioned does not work for me unfortunately. With the photos from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and from the DJI Osmo Action, the time and date is correct. With the videos, I have both devices 2 hours in summer and 1 hour in winter difference ;-).
I must then always remember to adjust the times after import :(. Whether I always think about it? I do not know ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"the workaround you mentioned does not work for me unfortunately. With the photos from my Huawei Mate 10 Pro and from the DJI Osmo Action, the time and date is correct. With the videos, I have both devices 2 hours in summer and 1 hour in winter difference ;-)."

My suggested workaround, "Change the time zone in the camera settings to UTC", was incomplete. You'd need to change both the time zone of the camera to UTC and change the camera's clock to display the correct local time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2021 Oct 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazzzzzzzzzzzing solution! Tried that and amazingly solved! In my trips, I use to shoot with my Sony a6400, my phone and a gopro. Was frustrating having all the pictures in the wrong order when trying to organize all the pictures and videos in cronological way. Now is working perfect. Thanks for that smart solution. After reading lot of posts, this is the definitive solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is another workaround:

With the tool "EXIF Date Changer" you have to shift the time by "0" hours. Then the import works correctly in Lightroom :-). Sounds stupid, but that's how it is :-).

EXIF Data Changer.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"With the tool "EXIF Date Changer" you have to shift the time by "0" hours. Then the import works correctly in Lightroom :-). Sounds stupid, but that's how it is :-)."

Most likely that works becuse EXIF Date Changer is adding an EXIF:DateTimeOriginal or XMP:DateTimeOriginal field to the video, containing the video's QuickTime capture date (stored in UTC) converted to local time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Lightroom developper Team:

It would be cool if you could implement this function in Lightroom too 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always have to manually shift all my video files from my DSLRs to the correct timezone. EVERY single time. A very long standing and maddening bug that just won't get fixed. Every other video app gets this right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

While every other video app may be getting this right, But On1 photo RAW 2022 has also given me this issue where the videos from my Nikon Z5 show up with a different capture time than my photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines