• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download the Lightroom 5.7.1 update to LR 5?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the aging desktop version and love it.

It may currently be corrupted and need to reinstall everything from scratch in order to continue.

Adobe buried this update somewhere and I do not want to down load from a strange site.

Looking from a legit source!

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

See here for where to download LR 5.7.1:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M166919

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I've had to reload my PC and now the Lightroom 5.7.1 Adobe download page has gone.

Any ideas please?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the link provided by dj-Paige, just above your post, you can get it there.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 21, 2021 Dec 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @DdeGannes 

I wouldn't have downloaded that because the source isn't official, but thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, felt desperate and tried that link. File dowloaded and then did nothing. Looks like a dud installer... or worse... fraudulent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as I know, the link I gave to prodesigntools should work. What happened when you tried it? Explain in detail. Saying it "did nothing" really doesn't explain anything or help us understand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Pedro29506341f0cl, are you on  Mac or Windows? Which version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, fair enough. I am just on the other side of the world and very tired to am feeling a bit unmotivated to keep trying after days and night of fighting this... Oka, here it is... I am running on a Mac Studio, link seems to download the file fine, runs through the installer, says it is complete, then when I try to run LR it gives me "error 16" and tells me I have to uninstall and reinstall. Doesn't matter if I restart, reinstall 5 time... just won't run. So then I have to pull out the hard copy and install the older disc version. Sadly the disc version will not import photos due to some other incompatibility. Had the same issue on my old 2012 iMac but the 5.7.1 update solved that. Really hope I can get this new computer running LR5. Don't really need or want anything that this one can't do... Well, used to do anyway. "sad face" Well better try to get a couple hours of sleep before my Friday work day. Goodnight all. Thanks for being so active on here and responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So just to back up a little, saying "it does nothing" is incorrect, it did something (you didn't like what it did) and its always helpful to provide those details. If you enter "Error 16" into the search box in this forum, you get an immediate fix!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, just very tired and frustrated. You are of course correct that I should have provided more and better information. I will follow that one up first chance tomorrow. Thanks heaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the computer is running Mac OS 10.15 or later, you won't be able to install LR 5 or 6. Their installers are 32-bit programs, which aren't supported on 10.15 or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines