• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where can I download the Lightroom 5.7.1 update to LR 5?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the aging desktop version and love it.

It may currently be corrupted and need to reinstall everything from scratch in order to continue.

Adobe buried this update somewhere and I do not want to down load from a strange site.

Looking from a legit source!

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

See here for where to download LR 5.7.1:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M166919

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About halfway down linked page you'll find a link to Lightroom 5. While it doesn't specifically mention 5.7.1 the download does is 5.7.1

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Adobe should have made it more obvious!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you get the update to work? When I try to install the update, I am receiving the message that I need to download the application support file (which puts the CC on my system). Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many people do not realize that you need to expand the page details by clicking on the 'Carrot'  [>]

ScreenShot275.jpg

Then you have the direct link to the download-

Download and run the 'Installer' file.

(LR 5.71 does not need any Creative Cloud Desktop App.)

ScreenShot276.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2018 Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No no no, that's not the point. The point is to make you "accidentally" buy the CC version after making you think the product is out dated.

I could only find updates till LR 3.6 the rest is hidden, so you can "accidentally" buy the CC version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now when I try to download Lightroom 5.7 from the Adobe download page (http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/lightroom/win/5.x/Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe), the download starts and after a few seconds it fails and give the message 'Failed - Network Error'. I never seen this error message ever before, am able to download files without issue from all other sites, so believe it is something on the Adobe side. I had to reinstall windows and am rebuilding and reinstalling all my applications, so any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try another Web Browser.

If you Goggle "Failed - Network Error" you will see that the Chrome browser is a frequent problem with this error message.

It is doubtful that the Adobe servers would be the problem.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - tried another browser and that seemed to work now. Thanks for the fix.

However, when trying to extract the downloaded file I now get the following error message:  "A problem occurred while extracting the archive. please try download the Photoshop Lightroom 5.7.1 Installer again.". Needless to say, just downloading it again doesn't fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you Mac OS or Windows?

Is the file you downloaded for your OS?

"extracting the archive" sounds like a Mac message to me. (a 'Windows' person)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows...and pretty sure I downloaded the windows version. The file name save is 'Lightroom_5_LS11_win_5_7_1.exe' and 43,008 KB in size. The size is much smaller than what is listed on the site, i.e. 957 MB, assumed that I would get the file that matched that after it 'extracted'.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's definitely a problem with the 5.7.1 file. I downloaded 6 and that worked without issues. The whole file for 5.7.1 is definitely having issues with reading the file to download - tried Chrome, Edge & Firefox, and the size of the file downloaded is inconsistent in size and when it does seemingly download, it's much smaller than the file size specified. Also, when I try run it, windows 10 gives an error message that its from an untrusted source and asks if I want to run it anyway. Non of these things happen when I try one of the ver 6 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2019 Jan 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After days of trying, the file eventually downloaded. No idea why it was having issues the first couple days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get 404 Not Found. Is there a new address for LR5 update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I get 404 Not Found. Is there a new address for LR5 update?"

Adobe, in its infinite wisdom, now makes it very difficult to download LR 5 and earlier. See this help article: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html. 

As described by the help article, your LR 5 may be available via your Adobe account, which would be ideal.

If it isn't, Adobe then wants you to contact customer support. Some people have had success doing this, but many encounter clueless untrained support people.  When you contact a support person, send them the link to the help article immediately.  If they balk, just terminate the chat session and start a new one -- don't worry about being rude.  It may take several tries to get one who understands the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, for your answer. It looks like I have to contact the customer support. : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Volker4 - do you have any solution for this problem yet? - I have the just same one ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

martinv74028233, did you try following the steps in this help article: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe today and they looked up my account and emailed me the link for LR5.71 

Just installed it works perfectly.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you share a dropbox download link that would be much appreciated  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd be happy with just the phone # you called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's much faster simply to download LR 5.7.1 from link posted above:

https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html 

That web site is reputable and trustworthy -- anyone who asks to download versions 6 and earlier is directed there.  The owner of the web site participates in these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here for where to download LR 5.7.1:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/lightroom-4-4-download-page-or-url/m-p/10776478#M16...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi you all,

may I overlookded but I can't find any download link for an update of my Lightroom 5 to 5.7.
The 5.0 I installed from the purchased disc...

Would be glad to get help.

Theo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2021 Oct 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines