• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does e-mailing more than 1 photo with a LR caption reverse the captions i.e. places them on the wrong photos?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Example:  Select more than 1 photo from from grid view in LR (make sure each photo has a caption associated with it); then go to File < email photos and fill out the form making sure to check off the box "Include caption metadata...."  and "send".  I use 4 photos as an example....

The result: Photos 1-4 have captions reversed and associated with captions for photos 4-1 !!!!  How bizarre is that? 

This bug # LRD-4199829 has been present since at least LR Classic CC version 7.1!!

After hours on the phone (5 calls) with multiple folks I finally got an honest answer regarding the history of the problem. Of course, the case numbers mentioned on the "Form" Adobe sends the customer at the end of a help session, all expire in 5 days unless you keep calling tech support.  No wonder Adobe never fixes the problem.   This is pure negligence on Adobe's part it would seem.  Imagine if you have a contract where you need to send scores of photos with captions that identify people in multiple photos for the appropriate titles and or artwork but you can't do it with a mass e-mail send....send one at a time?  Really?  Adobe you are the problem here and it appears this bug has been know to you for a long time....please fix it now.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2018 Nov 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The bug is at least two years old (LR 6.7).  Please add details of your issue to the existing bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Lightroom: Export to email, the captions are in reverse order | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Be sure to click Me Too and Follow in the upper-right corner, which will make it a little more likely Adobe might fix this before the next ice age, and you'll be notified when the bug's status changes.  (Adobe product developers don't participate in this forum and won't see your feedback here.)

Calling Adobe support is mostly useless except for the most basic of problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines