• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Ability to sort presets

LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2015 Aug 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to scroll a lot of presets in lightroon and must constantly scrolling. A search or sorting function here would be very helpful.

thanks 🙂

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Those at the top of Keyword List and Collections are very helpful, and a similar Presets search filter box would be so too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same is true for presets inside brush-/etc. tools.

Currently you get a dropdownbox. Why not building a special control that shows the drop-down-items with a filter-editor on top, so you can full-text-filter the presets (so - making a some kind of combo-box instead of a drop-down-menu)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Allow filtering of presets in Lightroom. For example, I type 'Sepia' in the box at the top and only the presets with 'Sepia' are displayed below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'd be nice to have a search box (like under Keyword List) that searches across the preset names, showing only matches. When you have hundreds of presets, across 20-30 folders, it gets tedious fast trying to find some of them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2015 Oct 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After years we have a lot of presets and variants. To better organize/find it could be really useful a search box, a color tag and a subfolder organization too.
consider this pls

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any way to filter our presets? WELL THIS IS A BIG FEATURE TO ADD IN LIGHTROOM

so we could do a word search marking go to edit their names or at least hand them organized by our favorite as we go editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2015 Dec 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the Any Preset plugin meets your needs: http://www.johnrellis.com/lightroom/a...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some sort of "type-as-you-go" search functionality would be great to have, as we are used to from other tools...

Especially since scrolling on certain touchpads running on Windows are horrible to scroll (e.g. older Thinkpads;)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all have so many LR presets and I really wish there was an option to easily tag favorites with the ability to quickly sort and show those ones only. Creating groups of presets for a project or genre right in LR would be a great feature (as opposed to going to the folder where the presets are and duplicating them there and creating new folders etc)

Having a filter/search box like in the Collection tab would be very useful

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I want a search box for presents. I have a lot and don't want to wade through them. I want to type the first few letters of what I want and get a shortlist.

2. I like to choose my catalogue when I start lightroom. I want to be able to use the up and down arrows to pick it, and them press the enter key. It would also be nice to be able to set a thumbnail for each catalogue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is actually so relevant many years later , imagine having 200 presets and having to scroll...

Quick search bar cant be that hard to implement, or some kind of rating system for the presets
Right having through to scroll through presets is so tedious and having to scroll past the adobe presets ( which are forced onto you even know no one really wants them there).

A quick search bar for presets would be amazing and you can search for the name of the preset you want, or maybe have tab for frequently used as suggested before a rating system even though that will ultimately turn clunky with more presets, so just a search bar will do for most people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I like to choose my catalogue when I start lightroom."

For future reference by others stumbling on this: You can do this in LR CC 2015 / 6.  Hold down the Opt (Mac) / Alt (Windows) key while starting LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having to scroll past the adobe presets
You do not have to if you name your presets and preset folders carefully. Presets (and folders) sort alpha/numeric automatically. So 01 comes before 02 which comes before A which comes before L.
I use numbers for preset folders so they sort my presets into groups.
Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Metadata Preset selection/management is bare bones.  For anyone that has created multiple bird locations, vacation spots, etc that uses a preset over and over, you may have found if you have exceeded 45 presets it takes forever to hold your mouse to get to a preset that is near the bottom of the alphabet.  Presently I have about 100 presets and there's no quick way to get to a preset that starts with T or Z etc.  You've got to manually hold your mouse down and until it crawls to the bottom of the list.  Surely in this day and age there must be a better way.  Perhaps group management, searching or shortcuts or some other means.  I do hope a solution is in store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a searching box is suitable to use and find a preset !!! Please adobe, you have this in premiere and after effect to find a particular effect or add-ons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would also like to see a "Search" field for presets; ON1RAW has it, and they are relatively new to the photo processing software arena, so, PLEASE, LightRoom. . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jun 02, 2018 Jun 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of Preset packages. Could you please implement the search field you have for Collections Panel in the preset Panel. Should be simple. Example, I would like to find my 5 star presets, or just filter my Landscape presets. Would make using Lightroom Classic much nicer.

Thank you

Max

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needs the ability to manage the sorting of presets the same way the Finder does: sort by name and location in folders as in the computer's O.S.  Users should be able to arrange presets the way they want, not some mysterious arbitrary way.  Make the process useful for the user/customer.  The current arrangement is ridiculous.  Put the presets in the file folders and sort you want in the Finder, have LR put the presets in the Develop Module in that same order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please put a search box beside "user presets" so it's easy for us to locate the presets we made please. It would be very helpful and saves a lot of our time. Thank you and more power!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to go through thousands of presets, to find the one you need. It will be easy and time saviour, if we can search the, presets by name or group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When using lots of presets / brushes it's hard to find the desired one. Only putting them under "favorites" isn't enough in my opinion. It would be an improvement if one could search (search field in the titlebar of the presets panel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be REALLY handy to be able to have a search field at the top of the develop presets in the Develop module that will filter the (large!) list of develop presets..  I have hundreds of filters but might want to search for ones that emulate Kodak Portra 400.

It would save lots of time if I could just start typing 'portra' in the presets window and it would just list presets with portra in their name...

Jason Sheldon

www.junction10.photography

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incluir uma busca, uma pesquisa para localizar as predefiniçoes que salvamos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2021 Sep 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google translation: "Search / busca predefiniçoes. Include a search, a search to find the presets we saved."

Moderators, please merge with this existing feature request:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/lightroom-ability-to-search-and-sort-presets/... 

Votes

Translate

Translate