• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Add keyboard shortcut for Tethered Capture

Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2011 Apr 01, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tethered Capture in LR3 was a huge step forward for using LR to capture in a production environment. One UI feature that seems to have been overlooked is a keyboard shortcut for hitting the Capture button. Having to find the cursor and then drag it to the button to click is an annoyance (granted, a small one) when shooting multiple captures throughout the day.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for Schneider USB Electronic Shutter would be nice as well.
Also could we have nested user export presets for batch processing multiple user presets. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2012 Apr 27, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a working professional with demanding production requirements, my workflow runs on keyboard shortcuts. I’m excited about many of the improvements to LR4 but the one shortcut I’ve been most hoping for is not included.

There is no keyboard shortcut for firing the camera remotely when tethered. The user must use the mouse to click on the Capture button in the Tether dialog box. This can be awkward and slow production down, especially when working with a 2 monitor setup and you need to quickly fire a shot without having to search for where the cursor is on your screen and then navigate to the Tether dialog box and click the button. A keyboard shortcut would really speed things up when you’re shooting 50+ shots a day.

It doesn’t seem that the software engineering would be so difficult to Implement. I know that Capture One has had this ability since before LR introduced tethered capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This post is old but needs to be resurrected. The original thread title comes up when I search for a solution for a keyboard command to "Start Tethering." Back in 2011, @rsphoto wanted the now-existing F12 single-button command to activate taking a photo (Thanks Adobe. Don'd know when you added it, but I love it.) Now I want a key command to activate tethered capturing, something everyone has to use a mouse to navigate to via File>Tethered Capture>Start Tethered Capture. It would be a great time saver. Our cameras often have to be disconnected so we can make auto/manual focus and focus point changes or other steps tehtered capture doesn't control. Sometimes the whole works just keeps crashing for reasons only the Gods understand and we are quitting LrC and starting over to re-establish camera connections. To have an option + Command ___ something or other key command would be amazing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that LR should allow a keyboard shortcut to be assigned to Start Tethered Capture (as well as all the other commands that don't allow shortcuts).

But while waiting for Adobe to implement this (likely a very long time), you can use System Preferences on Mac and the free utility Autohotkey on Windows to implement a shortcut for Start Tethered Capture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who pointed me to the Mac System Preferences for keyboard shortcuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2024 Apr 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the shortcut documentation the key to press is F12. This is working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"According to the shortcut documentation the key to press is F12. This is working for me."

That entry in the documentation is incorrect, saying "Tethered capture" is assigned F12. But there is no command named "Tethered capture".  There are two relevant commands, File > Tethered Capture > Start Tethered Capture and File > Tethered Capture > Trigger Capture. It's the latter that is assigned F12, and it's the former (Start Tethered Capture) that people here are requesting a shortcut.

(Adobe's shortcut documentation is littered with mistakes and omissions -- see here for the best shortcut documentation.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you are correct. I read the "There is no keyboard shortcut for firing the camera remotely when tethered." and disregarded the rest. Sorry. So F12 is working for triggering the camera but, starting tethered caputre is not possible via keyboard shortcut (at least at the moment). 

Votes

Translate

Translate