• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Color Sampler Eye dropper tool to place interrogation point for RGB readout while adjusting.

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd love if Lightroom's eye dropper tool could function like photoshop's info panel to check RGB levels. where you drop a marker on a spot on the photo and then the readings are shown from the same spot. It would help A LOT so we can check values and manipulate the settings to get our numbers where we want them, instead of having to look for the same spot over and over again after we move the mouse to change anything.

please have this in lightroom as soon as possible please! 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
12 Comments
Advocate ,
Jul 03, 2022 Jul 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest to implement in Lightroom the Color Sampler like we have it in ACR...or even better like in Photoshop.

The Color Sampler is an indispensable and vital tool especially when soft proofing.

When we print we use it extensively in Photoshop.

It would be very useful to have as well in Lr.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk Flohr: Photography 

Ok, I didn't find this when I posted my own FR.

Can you perhaps edit the title of this feature request, it's not that clear.

It is very obscure

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted. Better still, do it because it is doable in Camera Raw, allow the samples to 'stick' if moving from one product to the other.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Capture One has a feature called Color Readout that lets you put a little "sticky note" on any point on the image - the sticky note shows the red, green, blue, and luminosity values for that point.  To my knowledge, LRC only has the RGB values under the cursor as you move it - it doesn't show the luminosity channel nor does it have anything like the Color Readout.  These tools are really useful for determining what lighting changes need to be made and I'd like to see them added to LRC.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, ich warte schon seit Jahren darauf, dass es in Lightroom möglich sein wird, Farbaufnehmer Messpunkte in zu setzen! Die letze CameraRAW Version bietet ja die Möglichkeit diese bei der Entwicklung von RAWs zu setzen und ich frage mich, weshalb dies in Photoshop funktioniert aber einfach bei Lightroom nicht möglich ist??? Ohne diese Möglichkeit sind die Bearbeitungsmöglichkeiten doch recht eingeschränkt, zumal wenn man bspw. eine ungleichmäßig ausgeleuchtete Wand homogen einstellen mag! Bitte um Abhilfe oder stelle ich mich nur zu blöd an und finde diese verborgene Funktion nicht?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't found any topics for "Color Sampler Overlay" in the Lightroom forums, so...

BEFORE I do something dumb like ask for the feature, is there a "Color Sampler Overlay" in Lightroom Classic now that I've missed?  Other than Bridge's much better file batch renaming (which has been being requested for at least a decade with no success), I rarely find anything useful in Bridge/ACR that I'm missing in Lightroom, but ACR now has one and it's very useful when trying to match the colors between the original RAW file, and what cometimes comes back from Topaz Photo AI. 

Normally, they're not different enough to be a visible problem, but this morning I got an image back that, even after synching the two, is visible different.   To the point that it was worth opening the images in ACR and displaying the Color samplers to see if I could improve the color mismatch...

So, is there the equivalent tool in Lightroom Classic that I've just missed, or is it something that needs to be requested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.  In LrC you only have a 'real-time' display of RGB colours under the Histogram.

2024-02-15 08_29_25-Roberts Catalog-v13 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Stupid answer- Pen and paper to record the numbers?

Submit a post as an 'Idea'.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, since it is missing, I'll put in a request...  Just out of curiosity, does Adobe EVER actually USE any of the ideas?  'Cause so far, after a LOT of years, I see a LOT of things that just keep circling around in here and never get implemented, no matter how simple they should be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACR has "Color Sampler Overlay" that is very useful when checking or comparing color between images.

Will this tool be implemented in Lightroom Classic soon?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a user like you (as are most in the Community Forums) and have no knowledge of the internal workings of Adobe.

I have read that recognized bugs get preference, then feature suggestions are considered on the number of posts or upvotes.

I have not seen a question like yours in this forum, but don't let that stop you putting in a request.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I put in the request yesterday, so we'll see what happens THIS time.

Votes

Translate

Translate