• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Locking or Default Sort mode

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is currently no way to control the default Sorting behavior, which I think is somewhat limiting. I almost always would like to have my folders and collections sorted by Filename. Insttead, newly created folders and collections are almost always sorted by Capture Time, which is far less useful to me. I think it would be very helpful to have a setting for Default Sorting for New Folders and Collections, with options being the twelve option found in the Sort dropbown. 

I often put a lot of time into organizing and sorting photos in the order I want to present them, and then renaming chronologically so they are named in order. When moving phots around between folders and collections, the sorting often get broken when the default sort by Capture Time is applied, and it is annoying to have to go through every folder or scene and have to set each to sort by filename.

In leui of a new Sorting mode setting, I think sorting by Filename by default would be more helpful for most people than Capture Time, since most cameras name photos sequentially anyway, so the result would be the same in most cases while importing new photos. But it would allow more flexibility to users who wish to rename files in the order they want.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would vote for locking the sort. Too often you leave the screnn, accomplish something, come back and the sort changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would vote for locking the sort.

You need to click on the button labelled 'Upvote' to vote (see below screenshot).

Untitled-1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate