• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P:(Masking) Add auto update recompute to subject /sky masking after copy/paste

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Love the auto subject detection in the new lightroom classic update.

Idea: add an auto recompute feature to the subject masking when working with multiple images.

Observation: I'm a wedding photographer. When working with multiple images and auto sync is turned on, all of my edits to one image are synced across all selected images. When working with the auto mask subject selection, LRC basically creates a mask "preset" for the visible image but won't apply that "preset" to all other images until you manually select the  "recompute subject" button on the mask pannel. 

Why not have LRC do this automatically across all selected images? Seems like a nice improvement.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released on June 13. This feature request is now implemented. Thanks to all who participated in the is thread. 

If you do not see the update (Mac and Win) you can refresh your Creative Cloud App with the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl/Cmd]+[Alt/Opt]+[ R ]. 

Status Released

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 164 Replies 164
164 Comments
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2022 Jun 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much @johnrellis 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ravi que notre voix est été entendue et des nouvelles fonctions mais chez moi Lightroom, la sortie des fichiers finaux est devenu extrêmement lent après cette mise à jour. Suis-je le seul? 

J'ai purgé tout mais cela ne change rien.

(je suis sur Mac, puce M1, qui était super rapide comparé à mon core I9 avant la mise à jour).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you to the Adobe team for adding this functionality to Lightroom! It's literally life changing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BUT PLEASE ADD THIS FEATURE AS WELL TO THE CLOUD APPS ON IOS. THATS ESSENTIAL TOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.  While it is not life changing.  It is a huge time saver!  Just updated 50 AI masks in 15 Sec.  Saved me at least 20 min tonight and every day for the rest of the year!

Puget lightroom Score 1316 - 

Just paid for  the build.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please I use Lightroom CC so I can upload photos to the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2022 Jul 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we get the AI compute copy/paste to be multi-core? I'm sitting on a 20-core seeing 10% CPU use. 

I'd also love to see:

1. AI mask for 'everything but subjects' (inverted subject without extra steps)
  2. AI mask for 'everything but the sky and subjects' 
  3. AI auto-leveling
  4. AI spot remove w/ manual control after execution plus a way to get at spots within spots
  5. AI scene contrast compression
  6. AI backrubs
[ ◉"]

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Can we get the AI compute copy/paste to be multi-core? I'm sitting on a 20-core seeing 10% CPU use. "

Select Subject/Sky uses the graphics processor (GPU) rather than the CPU to compute the masks.

For computing a single photo's mask, it's a clear win to use the GPU.  I've observed on my computer that using the CPU is roughly 5 times slower than the GPU for a single Select Subject/Sky (2019 Macbook Pro, Intel Core i9 8-core, midrange Radeon Pro Vega 20 4 GB).   

But for a large batch of photos, it could be faster to use all the available cores to process the photos concurrently.  E.g. using a 20-core CPU would theoretically be 4 times faster than the GPU.  That ignores the constraint of memory bandwidth, but it's at least plausible.   

It would be straightforward for LR to use CPU cores to execute AI models. It uses third-party libraries to execute the models, and they support both CPUs and GPUs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'd also love to see:"

If you want Adobe to notice your other ideas, please post them separately in the Ideas section:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/how-do-i-write-a-feature-request/idi-p/123863...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to find an answer to this but have been unlucky so far.
When my editor is sending me my edited catalog back, I import the catalog. Most things are fine, however the AI's are not automaticall updating. I have to click on each image and then update. It is very tidious and defeats the purpose of having an editor. Is there a solution?

I have tried selecting several images and doing SETTINGS>>UPDATE AI (it only updates the initial image but not the rest). I have downloaded the newest version of LR and so does my editor.
I have also reset my preferences, which did nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@GS Audio Inc how did you update 50 AI in 15 sec?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue for me! this is a big problem for those who import/export through different catalogues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "fix" from Rikk Floher does not work. option to update is still greyed out and subject mask is still from previous copy and past. It will not update, change, have to exit LRC in order to clear cache and start with a select subject. Select people is leaves too much halo around people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Ai are missing in order to update them all then select all photos and in Library use "Update Ai Settings"

This will update un batch. 

If this doesn't work do the following. 

Select all photos with Ai that you need to update. 

Flip Vertical.

Update Ai

Flip Vertical again to return to Original Oreinetation. 

Update Ai. 

This workaround was "invented" by another user so I take no credit for it. 

. Edit 

Please Pause "Save into XMP" before you do the update.

This will spare useless saving processes. 

Resume it after. 

Votes

Translate

Translate