P: Rotate spot removal tool

2 Votes
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there, 

in my workflow I keep wishing I could rotate the spot removal tool in copy mode. Sometimes the source I pick is just perfect except that it would have to be rotated a bit to fit perfectly. How about that? 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we rotate the adjustment brush mask in Adobe Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only move a mask around. You might try if you can "trick" this at least in increments of 90 degrees, by syncing local adjustments between images that are set to different 'camera orientation' rotations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You might try if you can "trick" this at least in increments of 90 degrees, by syncing local adjustments between images that are set to different 'camera orientation' rotations."

This won't have the intended effect. If you copy the adjustment between virtual copies with different rotations, the adjustment will stick with the same underlying pixels.  If you rotate the source photo and then export it as a TIFF and reimport the TIFF (thus "baking" the rotation into the actual pixels), then make the adjustment and copy it to the TIFF, the adjustment will be rotated on the TIFF, but it won't appear in the intended location with the same size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please merge with this existing idea:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/p-rotate-spot-removal-tool/idi-p/12943550

and change the title to "Rotate Spot Removals and Brushes".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Community Professional ,
18 hours ago 18 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[won't have the intended effect] - Yes, it was an unsatisfactory long shot! Brushed masks, as with spot removal, cannot be free-transformed.

Votes

Translate

Translate