• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Indicate and search which photos have been exported

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2020 Mar 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be extremely useful to have an option to filter images by export status. It would make my workflow much cleaner if I could "show photos that have NOT been exported yet."

I am a wrestling photographer and often end up with tens of thousands of images from a tournament. I'll often need to quickly edit some matches from the resulting images and then come back to the album to finish, sometimes months and even years later.

Because of this, I will often end up with different sections of an event in different stages of editing - some have been culled, some have been developed, some have been exported, and some haven't been reviewed at all. There are ways for me to separate out all of the different stages (flagged/unflagged, sort by edit time, etc) except for those that have been culled from those that have been developed and exported.

I can make a workaround by labeling large groups with a color or a rating, but I use those structures for different things, and therefore it doesn't always work. Plus, it's another step to remember to label them after I've culled them, but before I've developed and exported them, and then to label/unlabel after doing so. Having a filter category of exported/not exported would make things so much easier, efficient, and reliable.

Thank you!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
31 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there is no way to tell which photos have been exported or not. Not as a group anyway. I do know you can find "Export" in the Develop - History tab, but that requires you to check each photo individually.

Since I will have to send photos to my editor rapidly, there are several situations in which I do not remember which photos I sent last time and not. So... why isn ́t there a badge showing me this? (Like crop, edit, etc).

That, and maybe also in addition; a way to create smart collection matches that says "Exported  - True / Not True"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undoing wrong-way merge

Please reference the new conversation here: Lightroom Classic: Badge to indicate which photos have been exported

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there is no way to tell which photos have been exported or not. Not as a group anyway. I do know you can find "Export" in the Develop - History tab, but that requires you to check each photo individually.

Since I will have to send photos to my editor rapidly, there are several situations in which I do not remember which photos I sent last time and not. So... why isn ́t there a badge showing me this? (Like crop, edit, etc).

That, and maybe also in addition; a way to create smart collection matches that says "Exported  - True / Not True"

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh, I merged the topics in the wrong direction. You can still see the complete thread of replies to the original post here:
https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/badge-for-exported-photos

All of the original Votes and Follows have been preserved here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While waiting for Adobe to implement this (3 years and counting), you could use the Run Any Command plugin to automatically add exported photos to a collection.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can also use a publish service to export to disk. Not perfect, but that will keep track of which photo have been exported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to just show processed photos that have been exported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If exported from the Develop module, someone (not me) could write a plug-in to do this. Probably just attach a keyword to each of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As described above, the Run Any Command plugin can automatically add exported photos to a collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would make my Lightroom life so much easier if LR automatically tracked exports by date, size and exported file name.  Just add a few parameters to the smart collection criteria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Adobe would break down and add a way for LR Classic smart collections to include/exclude photos based on if their develop history included the previously exported text flag would make it much more useful. Or provide a way for smart collections to search for literal strings in develop module histories.  I could quickly determine if I needed to back up files to a separate drive before splitting them off from my main catalog and suchlike much more easily/rapidly with that feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators: Please move this to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree! This needs to be a feature. I have hundreds of photos to edit and I can't do them all at once. Leaving me to export and then come back and edit/export again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I organize exported photos by attributes of the subject (which are wildlife). I export into folders based on the animal type (bird, mammal, etc.) and species. But sometimes I go back to the catalog and review photos and want to remove an old export and re-categorize it. But I cannot remember how or where I originally exported it, and  LRC History does not contain the filename or folder,  so I cannot find it to remove it. This is LRC, so all exports are local to my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

I just released a new version of the Any Filter plugin that lets you search Develop History steps, e.g. search for all photos that haven't been exported:

johnrellis_0-1667970339655.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ich fände es äußerst hilfreich, wenn es in Lightroom eine Möglichkeit bei der Suche, bzw. beim Bibliotheksfilter gäbe, sich nur die Fotos anzeigen zu lassen, die man exportiert hat - und das am besten noch mit der weiteren Möglichkeit, das mit einem Datum einzugrenzen.

Leider habe ich so eine Möglichkeit noch nicht gefunden, lediglich die "bearbeiteten" Fotos kann man sich anzeigen lassen, das hilft mir aber nicht weiter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2022 Dec 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Leider kenne ich auch keine Möglichkeit dafür.

Ich schiebe das mal in den Bereich der Ideen, dann können alle dafür voten (auch du ;-).

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2022 Dec 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super, vielen Dank, ich dachte eigentlich, ich hätte es bei "Ideen" gepostet, das hat wohl irgendwie nicht geklappt 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Und nun voten nicht vergessen ... der Zähler zeigt erst meine Stimme 😉

FMcLion_0-1672048855326.png

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bitte nicht lachen! Ich finde keine Möglichkeit zu voten, wo finde ich das denn?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wie auf dem screenshot im vorherigen post zu sehen, ganz oben rechts neben dem Titel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, bei mir heißt es: "Sie können keinen Kudos für diesen Beitrag vergeben"...

Votes

Translate

Translate