• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Camera doesn’t work properly when using ultra wide

Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera doesn't take photos when using ultra wide lens in professional mode. The screen just "flashes" like it took a photo but it doesn't save it. It only affects ultra wide lens (in all modes except hdr mode).

App version is 7.5.2 on iphone 12 pro with ios 16.0

Bug Acknowledged
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Hello again @–thomas– 

We were able to reproduce this in-house.  I converted your post to a bug for tracking.  Thanks again for reaching out to us!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

This is a platform bug -- Lightroom is seeing certain devices and iOS versions fail to deliver raw image data as expected with APIs available to us.  We have an issue logged with Apple to investigate this.  Our next app release will deploy a change to block this failing behavior.

For now the recommended workaround is to capture raw UW images with the native camera and import those into Lightroom.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate
15 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @–thomas– 

Thanks for reporting this.  We have a known bug where DNG capture with the ultra wide lens fails when capturing macro shots (very close up).  Is this the case, or are you seeing the issue with all kinds of UW shots, even of subjects further away?

I ask because I can't reproduce the problem with my 11 Pro Max on iOS 16.  Fyi, I will ask a teammate how has your device to try too.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with all kinds of shots, not just close ups. The macro photography feature on the ultra wide lens came out with the iphone 13 series so my iphone doesn't even have it (if we mean the same thing). And yeah it's just the dng capture. It works fine when I switch to jpg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, thanks for the additional info!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again @–thomas– 

We were able to reproduce this in-house.  I converted your post to a bug for tracking.  Thanks again for reaching out to us!

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

when using the camera in Lightroom mobile I can't get pictures taken in the ultra wide angel mode registered in the cloud or elsewhere. I use the camera in raw. When using the ultra wide angel in iPhone camera there's no problems at all except for I cannot use raw of course. Have I missed something here? I really would like to use the ultra w a in the Lightroom camera and raw. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just noticed that Lightroom on my iPhone 12 mini running iOS16 suddenly will not shoot raw files anymore using the ultrawide camera. It has been able to do this for a long time but one of the recent updates either to the OS or to the Lightroom app must have introduced a bug. Strangely, it will shoot a dng if you select HDR but won't shoot in auto or pro mode. If you enable saving the original next to the HDR you will even get the HDR image and the normal dng! When you try to shoot dng using the ultrawide lens, everything will appear to work just fine. The shutter will go but no image appears in the library nor will there be a small preview in the preview spot in the camera. 

Please bring this back. This is my most used camera mode with my phone to shoot dng files using the Lightroom camera app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2022 Oct 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah good to know I am not the only one having this issue and that it is being addressed!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2022 Oct 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just took pictures using LR's mobiles built in camera, I shot on auto mode, but the app apparently didn't save the photos?! I go into the LR camera photo collection and the pictures I took are no where to be found, or in any of my catalogs. I checked my phones photo app, but they're not there either. Anyone know how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe (Charlie)

Any news or predicition about this bug?

Thx
Stephan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a platform bug -- Lightroom is seeing certain devices and iOS versions fail to deliver raw image data as expected with APIs available to us.  We have an issue logged with Apple to investigate this.  Our next app release will deploy a change to block this failing behavior.

For now the recommended workaround is to capture raw UW images with the native camera and import those into Lightroom.

Status Acknowledged

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem on iPhone 12.

Hope fix soon, uses Lightroom capture ultra wide RAW is better than native camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2022 Oct 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

App updates are starting to roll out Monday, which block UW DNG capture on devices where the current iOS APIs fail.  The LR team will continue to pursue a fix with Apple.  Until then, users are advised to capture UW DNGs with their native iOS camera, where possiblle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Boa noite. Não consigo trocar a lente quando estou usando a câmera do Lightroom, a opção de troca de lente não aparece, alguém pode me ajudar? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Apple get back to you? This is really a pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2023 Apr 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah. this is still not fixed after several iOS and Lightroom releases. Still can't use the ultrawide camera in dng mode while it worked great before.

Votes

Translate

Translate