• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Desktop: paste settings on multiple photos freezes before completing

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

had about 13pics I was adjusting, and after 11 it froze and wouldn't paste to the rest. Also I had tried to do the same thing earlier with a larger amount and had problems as well, it got to about 80done and froze.

Love the update otherwise though!

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Web , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Greetings,

Updates to the Adobe Photography Products were released yesterday and include a fix for this issue. Please install the December update, restart your system and verify that you are no longer experiencing the issue.

Thank you for your assistance in reporting, providing additional information and, most of all, for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 114 Replies 114
114 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a joke isn't it? I've just had to move fully to CaptureOne as I can't be dealing with Adobe anymore.

I've got an M1 MacBook too and the Adobe stuff runs like crap on them, if it runs at all. And that's with the M1 Optimised version of Lightroom... yet I load up CaptureOne which is being translated to work on M1 and it works like a dream

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, I have a 24 core threadripper, 1070ti, and 64 gigs of ram, and I cant run anything else if I have lightroom open, often times for seemingly no reason it eats up 100% of my ram, it's the most inefficient "professional grade" program I have ever used. I cant believe its not considered a beta version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently started using Lightroom instead of Lightroom Classic... and it seems that almost all batch operations I do (either (a) PASTE edit settings OR (b) apply an edit preset on import)  do not work for the entire set of photos.   

In case (b) ... I've done 4 different imports of ~300-400 raw images (Canon EOSR) and LR has *never* applied my import preset successfully to the photos.

In case (a) ... after the images were imported and the preset wasn't applied ... I went to one image, applied the preset, did Ctrl-C to copy edit settings .. then select all .. and paste (onto ~300-400 images).   In every case, the progress bar gets maybe 20% of the way .. then it hangs and never completes.

It is taking me 4-5 attempts-- with an app restart in between-- to get my batch edit changes applied to 400 images.   Very annoying.

---

Update:  this continues to repro 100% of the time ... I should have mentioned, this is Windows LR Desktop, running on a Surface Studio.   

Build # is 20201120-1311-17d302b Build

I checked for updates and don't see any.    I grabbed a system info file but don't see a way to attach it to this post?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. I recently decided to pay for LR, it's been two months and seeing such ridiculous bugs being unfixed for months is unacceptable for the price charged MONTHLY.

I am going back to my old ways, if you know what I mean.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread is being merged into an existing authoritative thread for better tracking and response. Please review the official answer (if any) in the second post on the thread for more information. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updates to Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tested two batches of photos - one with nearly 400 photos, and another with 600. In both cases the issue appears to have not occurred. Additional testing can now be done after the five months of paying for software I couldn't use for the primary reason I have it. Thanks for your hard work on this, though - I know that bugfixing is a thankless job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rikk -- you linked my own report to this one...   wanted to comment quickly:

1) the specific bug for applying batch-edits on a PASTE does seem to be fixed .. I also did this a number of times with 700+ photos.. worked great.  THANK YOU!

2) However ... I still see a failure in a similar but different case-- import presets don't do anything.   I have one set in Preferences, but even in the new build, my photos were not changed on import.  I confirmed the preset is still there.

(This is version 4.2 build 20210301-0713-6cdd6a3)

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joebelfiore definitely raw files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Victoria Bampton  If you're asking whether the files I'm importing are RAW?  Yes.   They are from a Canon EOS R.  No videos.. tons of images.   The import preset is for-sure set in preferences (I've checked 3 or 4 times and it always is) .. but the result is never set in edit after import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am positively ecstatic with joy over this news!!! you have saved me hours of headache, and from switching to a different software. whew

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they released the fix a day after your post 🙂 lucky duck haha. I had to wait months!! 😛

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2022 Dec 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't do more than handfull , if I try for example 10 it's already getting stuck. But I've never seen it work either so not sure if it's a bug or a adobe feature since its fixed based on this thread. 

Votes

Translate

Translate