• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Export to Camera Roll

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have routinely gotten the error "Unable to export, storage full" when exporting to camera roll in Lightroom Mobile on an iPhone 11 Pro iOS v14.4.2 (though it has been happening since v14, and probably before that, but it does seem more frequent since v14.4 and Lightroom updates). It does not hover seem consistently repeatable via any specific activity, and I can typically resolve it by shutting off my phone and relaunching Lightroom after a restart.  I am only using 116GB out of 256GB of device storage.  The issue will recur within 1-3 hours of normal usage (editing and saving photos via the "Export to Camera Roll" or "Export as..." functions).  I can't seem to figure out what triggers it, but once it happens, it seems the only way to resolve it is restart the phone. Anyone else experience this happening?  Potentially relevant detail: I also use iCloud for my camera roll photos - I still haven't made the full jump to Adobe cloud storage for all my photos. 

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate
11 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried clearing your cache? 

<Gear> > Local Storage > [Clear Cache]

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk 0  I'll see if that clears it up - It showed a similar amount of free space when I checked it (8.3 GB cached, 153.6 GB free), but I will try that first next time and see if it resolves it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk quick update - it finally happened again, cleared the cache and it worked, but I just encountered the problem again and took a snapshot of my cache - plenty of free space. Not sure what to try next. 

FE07025F6AA340EBBFE475F758887D-455a475a-c8ea-46c9-996c-ede809f4f0a2-374746683.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message for reference.  83BB72193A6E4EEB9C69A88F2ED79B-fb8e94d5-395a-45cb-9830-1ba7c900e398-1875949150.jpeg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trigg,

Can you confirm the Lightroom Version number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@trigg_bowlin does it help to force quit all apps and to restart the device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rikk  - v 6.2.1 BD60B6/34

I've noticed it happens more frequently when the "downloading original" takes a long time (relatively speaking).

@Ignacio_B It does seem to resolve the issue, but not for any longer than a short time. (1 or 2 more exports).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, we have a bug logged for this now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2021 Apr 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@trigg_bowlin thanks for verifying, the workaround isn't the best, more of a last desperate resort kind of thing - until we have a fix for the issue.
It would be interesting to know if you have other apps running in the background once this occurs.

One more thing that you could try out would be to put the device in Low Power Mode (iPhone only).
After the startup, that might save you from have to restart the device many times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ignacio_B - thanks.  I typically let the iPhone manage active applications, rather than going through and killing other apps in memory to see if they are the culprit. If I have my iPad with me, I'll use that instead of the iPhone. I have not encountered this issue with the iPad.  Killing LR on the iPhone, then restarting it typically gets me through more than a few exports at a time, it's just tedious.

Thanks for the effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

Updates to Camera Raw, Lightroom Classic and the Lightroom Ecosystem products for Desktop, Mobile and Web, were released today and contain a fix for this issue.

Please refresh your Creative Cloud application and install your update when it becomes available. Thank you for your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate