• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Missing Pictures, Presets, and Watermark Data after 5.4 Update

LEGEND ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday when I use the Lightroom Mobile, it was okay. I still have my presets and pictures saved in the apps but today , 18th August 2020 , after I updated the apps on Apps Store, all of my pictures and presets gone. I really need this to be fix as soon as possible. Please help me as I really need all those pictures and presets.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Updating Status

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020
Updated 8/19/2020. 3:30 PM Central:

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers hav...

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 310 Replies 310
310 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, luckily I still have my pictures stored elsewhere, but I have lost all the ones I had editted in Lightroom. How can Adobe let something like this happen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this the free version, or do you have a subscription?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mines subscription. Also noticed Watermark font and size have been lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, same issue here. After the automatic update to Lightroom mobile 5.4 on my iPad Pro (active subscription), my whole library is lost. I tried to restore my iPad from backup and it did in fact restore my 50GB lightroom libary (it shows in iPad Preferences/Storage), BUT as soon as i tried to launch the app, it again deleted the whole library. Also, looking again in Preferences, now Lightroom shrinked from 50GB to 500MB, so in fact launching the new App version 5.4 deletes the library. I still have that iCloud backup though, so please fix this very urgent bug, so i can try to do a restore again, when it is fixed. I need my library...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated 8/19/2020. 3:30 PM Central:

We are aware that some customers who updated to Lightroom 5.4.0 on iPhone and iPad may be missing photos and presets that were not synced to the Lightroom cloud. 

A new version of Lightroom mobile (5.4.1) for iOS and iPadOS has now been released that prevents this issue from affecting additional customers. 

Installing version 5.4.1 will not restore missing photos or presets for customers affected by the problem introduced in 5.4.0. 

We know that some customers have photos and presets that are not recoverable. We sincerely apologize to any customers who have been affected by this issue.

If you are affected by this issue, please refer to the information in this forum thread.

Note:

No assets in the Lightroom cloud were lost or are at risk. Lightroom mobile on Android, Lightroom desktop on macOS and Windows, as well as Lightroom Classic are not affected.
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just opened my lightroom and all my edited photos from the last year are gone. Also all my presets are gone. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this in the past after a major upgrade or change to the software(I'm referring to another app not related to Adobe). Spent 2 hours on the phone with Apple and all they could tell me, in the end, was that the traits were as if I had uninstalled it and reinstalled it when I hadn't, I updated. Their advice was as per Rikk's - to recover the app from an iTunes backup on the PC but that's providing you do backup on the PC. So for non-subscribers, maybe Adobe can put in a fail-safe but really, Apple should sort this out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. Photos & Presets are gone. I am SUBSCRIBED

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Same Problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue. I was not subscribed but I am now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to cry when I realized everything was gone, & now I’m realizing I’m not alone on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my photos and presets are gone. When will this be fixed? Even purchased presets are gone! How do I get my photos and presets back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything I had is gone too! How do I get my pictures and presets back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the link but I can’t tell if I’m “subscribed”, I’ve lost everything since March 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m new here, but has been using free version of LR on my iPhone since feb 2020 and everything is gone. Not sure what subscribed means, but I’m assuming I’m unsubscribes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m new here, but has been using free version of LR on my iPhone since feb 2020 and everything is gone. Not sure what subscribed means, but I’m assuming I’m unsubscribes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem!! Everything is gone. I’m unsubscribe since a few months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All my paid presets and albums are gone as well! Everything since January 2019. I am unsubscribed using the free mobile app. I have a lot of paid presets that are missing!! Please fix!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m having the same problem!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same!! 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve the same problem, I just opened my LR mobile to edit some pictures and noticed my presets that I created and purchased and pictures from the last month are gone!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All presets and most of my 8000+ pics are gone as of today-08/18/20. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I lost my own presets and the ones I bought! I turned off sincing because I couldn’t deal with Lightroom auto downloading all of my pictures from camera roll before I got a chance to delete the bad ones. It’s insane is all my work really lost? I am subscribed, I checked the link that you provided. None of my new photos or presets are there 😞 Probably because I stopped the sincing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: Maybe it's important to know that i dont use the Cloud Sync Feature, it was in "paused" state forever since i use lightroom on iPad. 

Votes

Translate

Translate