• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Old version of edit is exported

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2016 Dec 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened to me a bunch, both before and after the latest update.

Often I use LR Mobile to spot check how my photos look on a mobile device, then I go back in to edit. If I do and edit that involves photoshop and saves as a TIF or PSD often I will go back to LR Mobile and see the edited photo just as I expected, but when I save to camera roll an earlier stage in the edit is exported. If I try and change any attributes the image in LR Mobile with switch from the latest edit to the previous edit as soon as a slider is touched. 

This seems to happen consistently when I am viewing the TIF or PSD on my phone, then jump back in to photoshop to adjust. After LR desktop syncs the new edit it's in LR Mobile where the issue occurs. 

In these situations I've found no solution except to use dropbox to send the final edit to my phone.

Bug Fixed Locked
TOPICS
Android , iOS: iPhone , iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2024 Feb 27, 2024

Please do not post a “me too” message to a thread that is several years old. Your problem may seem the same as the one discussed here, but the chance that it is really the same as a problem that occurred many years ago is very slim. Find a recent thread, or create a new thread explaining in detail what your problem is. Do not forget to give information about your OS (Windows or MacOS? What version?) and give the Lightroom version number as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
28 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much time elapses between the edit in PS and the viewing on your phone? 

When finishing the file in PS, the image has to reload into Lightroom. Sync from your Desktop to the cloud and then sync back down to your phone after complete.  I am concerned that not enough time is allowed for the full sync up and down to take place. 

Can you provide a detailed time line on a failure with elapsed times for each operation?
Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has happened at times when the desktop and mobile said they were up to date, I've had this still happen when the edit was days ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to all files that have been updated in PS after syncing with LRMobile. The updated image is shown in LRMobile but revert to original state when editing the develop module or save to camera roll. This happens to me constantly. @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignoring the mobile synced version, when you edit the file in Photoshop and then allow that edited version to return to Lightroom, does the edited version viewed in Lightroom update also? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the desktop app has no issue. Edits in photoshop are reflected almost instantly in LR after saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And the edited file from Photoshop has membership in a Synced collection when it returns to Lightroom? (In Grid view there is a badge in the lower right of the thumbnail that when hovered upon, reveals the associated collections)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. This issue is 100% replicable on my end.

Create a collection. Sync collection with mobile. Add any Tif or PSD files to collection. Sync. Open Tif/PSD photo on LRMobile.  Switch back to LR Desktop. Command E (Open in Photoshop) and choose original image. Make any adjustment. Save. Sync. Pull up photo on LRMobile. Usually now I can see the updated adjustments on the photo in mobile. If I choose save to camera roll the image state from the original sync before the photoshop adjustment will save to my phone. Also if I choose to make any edit to the photo it reverts back to the original sync state.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are Hitting Command E from the Lightroom while in Develop, when the file returns you are still in Develop. If you hit [ G ] to go to Library:

1. Does the Syncing 1 Item Message appear in your identity plate?
2. After it disappears, and about 15 seconds later, does the image update on your mobile device?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

until i edit or export from mobile

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Editing in the mobile interface or Sharing from the mobile interface causes the image to revert to the version previous to the Edit In (as original)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it reverts the edit state that was first synced to LRMobile.  Also to replicate I believe the initial synced photo has to be fully loaded on mobile, not just the thumbnail, as if it was edited or viewed at 100% zoom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot duplicate that portion. The file that comes back from Photoshop the second time is intact after editing and does export correctly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you load the full file on LRMobile not just the thumbnail. This error happens every time to me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you have Enabled Offline Editing for the collection?  
That was the difference. I can now duplicate the abnormal behavior. Thank you. I will log it.
Note, if I make an edit to the image, it reverts. If I undo the edit and go back to a grid view, does the image repair itself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once it switches back to the old edit there is no way for me to revert. I have imported a new file from card and recreated the issue in a new collection and screenshot the process. In photoshop I created a text layer to reflect the version number: IMAGE LINKS: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tb57k2ef6kn51vp/AACyWRnXJ0yGOX3BNecuJIeXa?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Confirmed. A bug is logged. Thanks for your help and patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also to note, I do not have offline editing enabled, and clearing the cache does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I remove the photo from mobile sync and then add it back the correct version is displayed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced this problem today, exactly as described above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this is 4 years later and I have the same issue, was this never resolved? @Rikk 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was fixed in version 4.0

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was on v6.1.0 of Lightroom Mobile (on iOS 14) and still ran into it, the solution I found was deleting cache. Thanks for the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm using the latest verison of Lr Mobile and also experiencing this issue. I just tried clearing the cache but that hasn't helped. I find that the preview of the image when first opened shows the latest version/edit, but when I zoom in on the image or export it, I get the older version of the edit.

The file is a .tif . Lightroom Classic on my mac has the latest version of the file and has no issues, the problem only seems to be occurring on the mobile app.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Lawrence

Votes

Translate

Translate