Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Android) Doesn't import cr3 files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi all!

It seems like lightroom mobile doesn't see .cr3 raw files as a supported file anymore. 

• Yesterday (July 18, 2020) i could import .cr3 into lightroom without a problem. But after updating that isn't possible anymore.

Is there a fix for this, i don't  have a computer nearby  and really want to edit my photos

TOPICS
Android , Chrome OS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which device are you using Lightroom on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2020 Sep 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with LR Mobile on iPad Pro 11 with latest iOS and LR updates. 
I'm using a card reader and importing directly into LR. CR2's are fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iPad Pro 11" (see my post)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have same problem. Cant upload cr3 files from canon r and rp to latest lightroom mobile ether web or app. There is upload failed error. Android 9 stock oneplus 3T

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maciej P

Are you importing RAW from Canon EOS R. If yes please read below article for possible explanation

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/editing-canon-dual-pixel-raw-cr2.html

Canon RP should ideally not show any error. 
However, importing CR3 in general has issue because of Android system limitations. Please read below article for possible solution:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/unable-to-import-raw-android.html

Regards,

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joanverhulst,

Since the 5.3.1 release, due to some Android OS compliance requirement, the app allows import of those raw files that can be recognized by the Android OS as images. 

Please read this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/unable-to-import-raw-android.html for possible solution.

Regards,

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thanks for fast response. Share, add to Lr funkcion helped a lot. Thanks

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joanverhulst,

Since the 5.3.1 release, due to some Android OS compliance requirement, the app allows import of those raw files that can be recognized by the Android OS as images. 

Please read this article: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/kb/unable-to-import-raw-android.html for possible solution.

Regards,

Abhinav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But the same problem occurs with EOS RP and IOS (14.1) its' not just an Android problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue too. I am using Lightroom mobile on my iPad Pro 2020.  The CR3 raw files thumbnails dont show images. Only JPEG files show thumbnails. When I select the Raw files to try to import them from my SD card, an error message appears. The pictures are taken from my new Canon R5.

Adobe, please help offer any advice on how to fix this. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

which iOS version are you using?
Does the Photos app show thumbnails for these photos?

Thanks,
Ignacio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2020 Oct 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same or similar problem. Canon EOS RP, raw files, I have the newest IOS update installed. I just bought this camera new, I was on a Sony before. So I'm not sure if I'm dealing with a Lightroom problem but I suspect it to be so. It imports only a handful of the photos I select for import and then gives me the message "some photos could not be copied. you can now safely disconnect the device". Have retried several times.

I need this to work urgently. Help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this is a huge problem. Yes I can import one file with the Gallery app workaround. But usually I copy over a lot more and can't add them one by one.

Otg is also not an option, I'm using wifi to transfer the files, this needs to be fixed somehow, importing raws on the go is one of the major reasons to use this app. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi have the same problem

Canon eos rp

Android device 

Can't import cr3 files to lightroom mobile 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Android 11 now and the files are not supported. The know workaraounds are not solution if I transfer the photos by wifi and don't want to add them one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on that topic? I allready dread the day when I'm out only with my mobile devices, having to batch rename CR3 into CR2. I guess when I'm back at home and downloading them onto my PC I just can't rename them back, because LR would probably be unable to keep the developing settings attached. But I also don't like the fact of renaming the file format, it might have consequences in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

La aplicación de Lightroom mobile no permite importar fotogrfias en formato CR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Si, lamentable que aun no lo soporte. 

Lo que me sirvió a mi es transferir directo desde la camara con el cable USB - C 

Espero te sirva el "workaround"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are adobe going to fix this issue rather than giving us a work around???? It's been 2 years. 

I'd like to be able to work with cr3 on my table when I travel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am Pixel7 Pro. .cr3 files are not able to be opened in LR mobile even using the Share work around. C'mon Adobe. This is bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Work around is to rename .Cr3 to .Cr2

Works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 05, 2023 Oct 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Share still works fine for me with Mixplorer. I would not rename the files though as this might confuse Canons editing Software when using Canon specfic features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

5 years, CR3 is arround since 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You mean you have it working for 5yrs on Android? Or not working for you either?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines