• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Basic confusion - LR or LRC?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am a very new user of Lightroom, I am confused with the difference between Lightroom and Lightroom Classic other than one is online and one is on my desk top. I have set up LR with all the presets I purchased as well as free downloads. Do I now have to go and do exactly the same with LRC? Or do I only need one of them? Please keep advice simple as IT language is a tad confusing - Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is NOT suggested you use both versions unless you fully understand the implications!

Lr-Classic (desktop based) needs ALL your image files on a local hard-drive.

Lightroom (Cloud based) sends ALL your image files to the cloud! (and to confuse even more- it can 'Sync' files back to the hard-drive)

A brief comparison here- (scroll down)

https://www.adobe.com/au/products/photoshop-lightroom-classic.html?promoid=9WGN4565&mv=other

A detailed comparison here-  (scroll down)

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-cc-vs-classic-features/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have already "setup" Lightroom any photos you added to it have been uploaded to a cloud server. If you instal Lightroom Classic and turn on the sync, copies of those photos will get downloaded to your computer. This can get really confusing so don't do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either program is installed locally on your computer. The question is, do you want your images stored locally on your computer or do you want your images stored in the cloud? Lightroom Classic stores images locally, Lightroom stores images in the cloud. The features of each program are different. When/if you look for tutorials be very careful because it's easy to choose a tutorial that is for the one you are not using and then it can be confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually ended up removing both, I went to open it one day and all of the presets I had collected were gone and I spent hours setting it up. I only use Photoshop from Adobes and I use Luminar for quick edits. I never understood why there was such a need to complicate things so much. I am not an IT person but someone who takes photos. Quite disappointed with Adobe really as out of everything they provide only one is usable for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines