• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

DNG Converter will not open

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully downloaded the DNG Converter.  It shows up in my start menu and my task bar, but when I try to click or double-click on it, it will not open.  Have I missed something?  I appreciate any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You indicate that you downloaded the DNG converter. But did you actually run the installation process to install it on your computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, and yes, I did the download and install. Odd thing, as the guy above, it's visible from the Start menu, but when I go to Apps (Windows 10), it does not show there. I'm at a loss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if it is visible on the Start Menu- what is the problem? Can you NOT click on the Start Screen icon?

ScreenShot187.jpg

What do you mean by "go to Apps"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on the Start screen icon does not open the program. The Apps I refer to is from the Settings, and on older Windows versions it would be Programs in the Control Panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Settings...Apps"- OK!   Same for me- the DNG Comverter does not appear in the Apps list.

My experience is this-

The Converter downloads as an .exe install file

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

I do not get a desktop icon, but if I type "DNG" on the Start screen it appears where I can 'Pin to Start' to create a desktop icon.

Strangely, If I click "Uninstall" the Converter does not appear in the Programs list either!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines