• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit as Layers in Photoshop? Limit?

New Here ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've now watched countless youtube videos and searched the forums and only seem to find either Lightroom Classic options or videos that don't cover what I'm trying to do in Lightroom 3.2.1. Would be so grateful for your help. 

I'm trying to do a stack (84 raw images, if number or size is the issue?) of a macro flower. I used my Nikon's focus shift feature, uploaded the images into Lightroom, but the File > Edit in Photoshop is greyed out, although it's installed and open on my 2019 Macbook Pro. The Edit in Photoshop option stays grey even if I'm only selecting one image. The Export to Photoshop from the "Photos" option at the top of the screen doesn't seem to be available in my version of Lightroom. Right clicking on the images doesn't seem to give me the option either. 

I recognize this is a ton of images, but I'd really like to be able to open the set of 84 pictures as layers in Photoshop (21.1.2) -- what am I doing wrong, Adobe internet? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my Windows 10 computer, there isn't any "edit as layers" option in Lightroom 3.2.1. If I highlight more than one image then the option to Edit in Photoshop is not available. If I have just a single image highlighted then that option IS available and works as expected. I'm not an expert with Lightroom 3.2.1, but I don't believe you can do what you are expecting to do with that version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom desktop does indeed not have an option to open multiple images as layers in Photoshop. The only way would be to export the images, and then open the exported images as layers in Photoshop via the 'File - Scripts - Load Files into Stacks' menu.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 11, 2020 Nov 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to follow up since I don't seem to be able to align then merge more than three images in LR CC, is there a limit to what LR CC can process? And if there is, am I better off trying to focus stack in Photoshop? Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC can't do focus stacking. It can only merge HDR or panorama.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 12, 2020 Nov 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John, so if I want to align and then merge in Photoshop is there an upper limit as to how many layers I can work with. I don't need that many but would like to know. Best Joel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2020 Nov 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know of any limit and certainly not such a low limit.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question but I don't think it has been answered for AntonI74973262.  Is there a limited number of LR images that can be exported into Photoshop as layers to one file?  I'm trying to do 52 and it stops at 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I checked his screenshot again: Anton is using Lightroom desktop. Lightroom desktop does not have the option to send images as layers to Photoshop at all. It can only send one image at a time. He was given that answer.

I already said that I do not know if there is an official limit for Photoshop (so also when sent from Lightroom Classic), but it is definitely more than three. If it stops at three for you, then this may be a memory issue, not an official limit.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines