• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting square-fit photos for website

New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to edit my product photos (some portrait, some landscape orientation), and then export them all to fit in a square box for my website without cropping.

On my phone, I use an app called Squarefit to do the same thing but for instagram etc. Is there a way to do this easily in Lightroom? If I could set it up to export all photos this way (and orient them properly in the square automatically) it would be a dream. It's a level 5 pain in the ass to have to transfer photos to my phone to use Squarefit, then back to my computer to upload to the website haha. Thanks in advance for any help.

Here is an example of this I found on the internet. Notice the white bars on the top and bottom that make it a square; this is what I'm looking for. 

example.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not an option in Lightroom.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is unfortunate. I'll probably just have to work around it by downloading an app to my ipad and working from there. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could make a virtual copy of the image, then crop that to a 1:1 ratio. That way you do not crop the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Unfortunately with long dresses, etc (in a very cramped little closet studio) I need the full length of the image to work with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom (and Lightroom-Classic) basically being 'raw' rendering programs, they cannot add pixels to increase canvas size.

As you know you can do this on your phone, but if working with Lightroom v3.3 on a PC or Mac you could use many other (pixel based) photo editors to increase the Canvas size.

Photoshop, or freeware like XnView can do what you want by Exporting a file from Lr then editing for the canvas size..

https://www.xnview.com/en/

ScreenShot217.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines