• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finding all photos with the same 2 people in it.

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way in Lr (cloud based) that I can catalogue/tag my photos so that I can do a search to find all photos with the same 2 people (for example) in them? Many thanks. 

TOPICS
iOS: iPhone , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the People Feature to tag people's faces, here's Adobe's documentation:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-cc/using/people-view.html

You should then be able to use the Filter icon to select the names you want to search for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That information was very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use the Lightroom Desktop app on your PC, you should be able to do that provided you have used either the People tagging or keyword functions to identify the people in each photo. Once that's done it's a fairly simple process to use the search function to first isolate all photos containing Person A, then searching all those resulting photos to find which of them also contain Person B. 

I don't think that's possible in the LrMobile app, but can be done using the LrDesktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for that useful information. Very helpful. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, I can't find how to do this using Lightroom, NOT Lightroom classic. I know this can easily be done with Lightroom Classic and perhaps that is what you are referring to in your post. Do you know if you can do with the new Lightroom?

So using Lightroom Cloud or Desktop, I have photos that are tagged with people. Filtering for one person (A), there are 52 photos. Filtering for the other person (B), there are 54 photos. If I select both people to filter, I get 79 photos which is photos with either person A or person B. How do I find filter for only the photos that have both people (A and B) in them?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I asked the same question in July 2021 & received this answer that you may find useful:
Hi Pende5F90,

Jim Wilde just posted in a community you follow.

Jul 26, 2021 08:01 PM in Lightroom ecosystem (Cloud-based)
Re: Finding all photos with the same 2 people in it.

If you use the Lightroom Desktop app on your PC, you should be able to do that provided you have used either the People tagging or keyword functions to identify the people in each photo. Once that's done it's a fairly simple process to use the search function to first isolate all photos containing Person A, then searching all those resulting photos to find which of them also contain Person B.

I don't think that's possible in the LrMobile app, but can be done using the LrDesktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The trick is to first select the All Photos container, and search for person A using the People category, then select all the resulting images and add them to a new temporary album. Then change the source from All Photos to that new album, then search for person B....the result will be all the images that contain both persons.

Explanation: Selecting All Photos then entering both people into the search bar produces an "or" search, when you actually want an "and" search. But by design searching with some of the "facets" (which includes keywords and people tags) is an "or" operation, so you have to do the search in those two steps to get the "and" result that you are looking for,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines