Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I select specific folders and / or pictures for syncing with CC cloud

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to LR CC.

We have thousands of pictures. After I imported some folders into LL CC it started syncing randomly.

I disabled syncing by disablig at the cloud symbol.

How do I select the folders and pictures I want to have synced and start syncing (don't find any answer to it)?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

It's very early days, so might I suggest you add your vote to this request for selective sync: Lightroom CC: Selective Sync | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you click Add X Pictures the sync appears to be as you indicate.
If you want only some folders at a time synced maybe add folders/albums in small batches. That way you have ultimate control of the synced file/album/folder structure.

What you ask sounds like a good candidate for a future feature request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means, every folder I create (and every picture I add) will be synced at this time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's a cloud client, so the central storage location is in the cloud. Selective sync may be added in future, but we have no idea on timescales.

If you don't want to sync your photos to the cloud, you may prefer Lightroom Classic instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer.

But without making selections, this would go beyond our bandwith and usabillity.

We tried LR Classic, not really our cup of tea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very early days, so might I suggest you add your vote to this request for selective sync: Lightroom CC: Selective Sync | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2018 already. Any updates on this request?
As mentioned in the referencing request for selective sync there are lots of users which do not want their whole lightroom library sync to CC simply because this would be too much to sync. More control over which folders are to be shared is required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there have been other priorities, and for those who want to work locally, Lightroom Classic is still being developed. If you haven't already done so though, add your vote to the feature request linked above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Will do so. It is a bit frustrating to see that Adobe does not pay attention to this. Working locally is somthing that lots of users do already. A Hybrid solution is not to much to ask for, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

heldopsokken  wrote

Hi,

Will do so. It is a bit frustrating to see that Adobe does not pay attention to this. Working locally is somthing that lots of users do already. A Hybrid solution is not to much to ask for, right?

They probably will one day, but there are already hundreds of requests for improvements to CC and it's only been out 10 months. Since Classic already offers a hybrid-type approach, other requests have taken priority.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is 2021...

is it because of Covid-19 that's why there is no option to only be selective about syncing?

i have clients who are iffy about the idea that some of our assets are being stored elsewhere.

why is this option still not available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seriously. If there is cloud storage, we should be able to select what files get saved to the cloud and what files don't. This isn't a hard request and we pay a lot of money for Creative Cloud for such a basic function

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines