• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported raw file from Ultra Raw App appears darker and less colorful

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By using the Samsung 22 Ultra expert RAW App i took amazing shots which were automatically with a lot of hdr and coulorful. It doesn't matter how I import the RAW file into the lightroom mobile app, it will always look dead, dark and without any color. Since its the mobile App I can open up the original samsung gallery and I can clearly the same picture in the gallery with coulor and brightness. I already turn on a HDR settings of the Lightroom App

TOPICS
Android

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Thank you for providing the images. I checked with Samsung on the expected behavior. DNGs captured in Expert Raw HDR mode are not expected to match JPEGs. HDR processing is only applied to JPEGs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem and it's very frustrating considering there's a specific button to send to lightroom from expert raw. 

I don't remember seeing a hdr setting within lightroom itself though.

I'm imagining the hdr data is coming across to lightroom correctly because playing with exposure settings you can see the latitude of exposure. The tone mapping that expert raw is applying is not cong over to lightroom however. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Definitely want a fix though. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post an example Expert Raw HDR DNG here?
If you have a JPEG from the same capture, that would also be helpful.
Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot_20230320_193533_Lightroom for Samsung.jpg

 

20230318_171007.jpg

1st is a screenshot of the raw dng as it imports into lightroom. 2nd is the joeg version that expert raw spits out. I have also attached the original .Dng file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for providing the images. I checked with Samsung on the expected behavior. DNGs captured in Expert Raw HDR mode are not expected to match JPEGs. HDR processing is only applied to JPEGs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines