• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Android color shifting bug

Explorer ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder who is quality testing Lightroom Android? The following issue has been there for a long time, and it is 100% reproducible on any Samsung Galaxy Phone (probably any other Android phone, but I have not tested). I attach a link to youtube video with screencast of my Galaxy Note 8 illustrating this issue.

The pictures have different color (saturation, etc) depending on if you view them in "rate and review" mode, or "edit" mode. In "edit" mode they become visibly more saturated. Please see the video. November 17, 2017 - YouTube

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Thanks katrinam26204257 for creating a dedicated thread for the issue, as communicated over email we will be investigating the issue and provide you updates on email / post here once the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Dec 12, 2017 Dec 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not a single reply? No-one is using Lightroom on Android?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow guys, I had the same problem with samsung and I HAVE AN INCREDIBLE SIMPLE SOLUTION, I discovered that problem is samsung screen mode, not lightroon, adaptative display is default option and this change color on every app and website, on some apps color is oversaturated and and other desaturated, I FOUND A SIMPLE SOLUTION: on display menú ACTIVATE BLUE LIGHT FILTER option, then TURN OPACITY OF THIS FILTER TO MINIMUM and ready, on minimum color of screen it will not change, but you will realize that now color of device is uniform on all apps and websites, adaptative display is far the best color option on samsung but color normally change, with it that problem is solved. Tell me if it solve problem for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images that you shot, are they in sRGB or ProPhoto RGB or any other color space other than sRGB?

The only reason why I ask is that I was noticing the same thing — inside Google Photos. Images that I have edited and exported from Lightroom and then later uploaded to Google Photos, would have the color shift as your video demonstrates because I was exporting out in ProPhoto RGB.

I just tried to replicate your issue on a Pixel 2 and I am not able to recreate the color shift problem. I tested on both RAW (Nikon NEF) and on JPEG. Granted the JPEG's are coming straight from camera (Fuji) and shot in sRGB. I would recommend that you double check your JPEG export settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking here about color shifts within LR app itself, between its own view modes, not about exported pics, viewed in other apps. I shoot raw and it happens both with raw and jpeg images. What is amazing is that this is 100% reproducible in any Samsung Galaxy phone (probably all Android, but not tested), and nobody cares...  Can you please confirm that you see my issue on your phone and what model you are using?

I am sorry, but the issue you describe is totally different, and 100% expected. Android is not a color managed OS, so if you export any other color space than sRGB, and try to view in Android, you are bound to have distorted colors, since Android treats every image as sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue on my galaxy S7 edge and Galaxy Tab s 10 and I am at a loss. Were you able to find a fix at all? It's incredibly frustrating having to lug my laptop around everywhere because I can't do basic adjustments accurately on the tablet or phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no fix until Adobe at least acknowledges the issue. They seem very strangely reticent about it. I filed two Android LR issues in separate threads here at these forums, and they replied and finally fixed the usability one, but this one they are just plain ignoring. I say this is outrageous, given that it is a complete showstopper for photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks katrinam26204257 for creating a dedicated thread for the issue, as communicated over email we will be investigating the issue and provide you updates on email / post here once the issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let us start by at least acknowledging that the issue exists. Can you replicate it on your Android phones? It would be interesting to know which phone models Adobe tests on. 😃

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hellow guys, I had the same problem with samsung and I HAVE AN INCREDIBLE SIMPLE SOLUTION, I discovered that problem is samsung screen mode, not lightroon, adaptative display is default option and this change color on every app and website, on some apps color is oversaturated and and other desaturated, I FOUND A SIMPLE SOLUTION: on display menú ACTIVATE BLUE LIGHT FILTER option, then TURN OPACITY OF THIS FILTER TO MINIMUM and ready, on minimum color of screen it will not change, but you will realize that now color of device is uniform on all apps and websites, adaptative display is far the best color option on samsung but color normally change, with it that problem is solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue!! I have the Samsung Galaxy s8. It drives me mad. When any photo in any catalog on leave mobile loads it's is highly over saturated. And this is not an issue with my phone display. Have you discovered any answers to this outside of not having an Android?? Which is total crap. Does Adobe favor iPhone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2018 Jan 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you for corroborating this issue. I assume, it affects at least all Samsung Galaxy phones, quite possibly all Android devices. This raises a few questions.

1/ what is Adobe quality team doing there if it can miss show-stopper bugs like this?

2/ I reported this issue to Adobe staff directly HALF A YEAR AGO! How is it possible for them to have been ignoring this bug up till now? They have not gone thus far so as to at least  acknowledge its existence, and confirm they can reproduce on their devices!

Then, it is a fact that Adobe favours iphone: LR works better on IOS and has less bugs there. LR performance on Note8 (current best Android phone) lags behind iphone X quite perceptibly.

Finally, Adobe never addressed or even cared  to mention the issue of Samsung Amoled screens that produce color-inaccurate image in LR in any other display mode but "Basic". In default "Adaptive" display mode, same as in "amoled photo" all images in LR are badly oversaturated, even without the bug we discuss here. Adobe could have provided correct calibration for "Amoled photo" mode, covering Adobe RGB color space, but such innovations we can only dream about.

The bottomline: it is impossible to get a color accurate workflow on Android now, so the only option for a serious photographer is to use IOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem - very frustrating to edit photos in LR on my laptop, and then get a strange over saturated photo on my Android mobile device.

I can't figure out how to sync

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same issues. Varying saturation between modules edit / catalog on android using s8 plus. Also using anything but basic display mode shows images oversaturated. I do enjoy using cc on mobile and think these issues need addressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem on my Samsung galaxy s7! I thought I was the only only until I watched your video and saw this thread. The fact that Adobe is doing nothing for this is very frustrating smh. I've noticed that even when I upload pictures from LR to Dropbox from my computer, even when I go to look at those pictures on my S7, it still appears over saturated! I can't seem to figure this out. It looks normal on my PC and iPad but horrible on my S7. Preventing me from sending them looking the way I want them to. Now i have to use my iPad and HP laptop for everything. Has anyone found a solution to this yet???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very greatful to have stumbled across this thread.  I have been experiencing this issue across many different Samsung devices. Until I read this thread, I did not know there was no issues with saturadtion in the rate and review tab.  I called Adobe today and explained our issue. They explained to me that it is a known issue across all Samsung mobile devices. He tried to use another android device that was not Samsung and didn't have the problem. That tells me that it is not all android devices, but specifically samsung. He explained the photos viewed in the rate and review tab are .p3 format. The edit tab is sRGB. The issue lies in mobile app and occurs when the photo is converted from .p3 to sRGB. He was NOT able to supply me with an approximate length of time this repair would be available.

He said they are currently working on it and the next device update that becomes available will include this fix. He supplied me with a "BUG number" for reference.

The BUG number is LRMA-4193014

Looking forward to the next software update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using a Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2" with LR CC 3.3 and noticed the same over-saturated color shift when in Edit mode. When switching between image files in Edit mode it also takes about 3 to 5 sec. for the over-saturated image rendering to appear and the spinning circle to go away. Is that normal?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thsts the bug were refering to. That's what we are all experiencing. My only suggestion is to do your color edits on another device, or keep switching back and forth from edit to review modes for accurate color representation. Ive also noticed thst exporting photos from lightroom mobile export over saturated. Its really a PITA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to clarify if it's "normal" when in Edit mode for the image to take 3 to 5 sec. before the Develop controls can be used. When switching from one image file to the next the controls appear dark and can't be moved for 3 to 5 sec. Is this normal behavior or due to the incorrect color profile "conversion" process. I doubt I'll be doing any Develop editing on the tablet, but would like to know what to expect if I do. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For now its normal. When the photo is transferred from the cloud it is in .p3 format. When you view it in review mode jt is still in .p3 format. When you switch. The 3-5 sec is lightroom converting the file to SRGB.

Im hoping when the update comes out it wont do this and all modes will be SRGB and there will be no delay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LG G4 - same problem. But if I apply any settings using LR mobile (any basic settings +1 for example), then there is no problem and all modes looks identically (for this particular image)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same proble... but when i use my iphone or ipad to export to social media, and then check them with a samsung phone, it still looks over saturated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2018 May 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for me, images are undersaturated before I start edit them in app.

Grain +1 and there is no problem, but I have to do it with each image and cant apply on all images((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any movement on this issue? I have the Galaxy S9+. The display is gorgeous for most applications. When I go in to Lightroom, the colors are super saturated and skin tones are burnt out. I went to System Settings -> Display -> Screen Mode and I switched from Adaptive Display to Basic and it looks much more natural. Does anyone know of a way to get Lightroom (or some other app) to turn off the Adaptive Display when I'm using Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spend hours working on lightroom and I have tried all the color space that comes with the program, but to my clients who use Android the photos look like a SHIT, so I have no idea what to do because telling them to use Iphone is not possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines