• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic and Smart Previews

Explorer ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Lightroom CC since it was first introduced, and Lightroom Classic before that.

I find that Lightroom Classic is better on my workflows for managing images.
I used to upload all my images from Lightroom Classic, then on another laptop I would open Lightroom CC and Edit in Photoshop.  I would never add photos directly to Lightroom CC because it messed up my workflow.

Now this feature no longer works because it only allows me to edit Smart Previews.

I have spoken to Adobe support, and to the escalation team.  They inform me that Classic only uploads smart previews, however I have thousands of photos which were uploaded in Classic and were edited.  This seems to be something new that has happened.

Anyone else experience this or have an answer?  Closest thing I can find are these articles which are explaining this as a preexisting behavior:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/unable-to-download-original-file/m-p/11126151?page=1#M27261
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom/lightroom-cc-and-smart-previews/m-p/11126152?page=2#M27262

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2020 May 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This Is the way Lightroom Classic has always interacted with Lightroom. Nothing has ever changed. Lightroom Classic has always uploaded smart previews to the cloud. But when you edit those smart previews in Lightroom (for the cloud) on another computer, all of the adjustments made will transfer back to the master images. And any changes that you make it on the master images will affect the images in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines