• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom installer stuck at 9.8%, cannot figure out how to complete installation

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently at wits end trying to install Lightroom CC to my MBP.

Currently running OSX Catalina version 10.15.1. No matter what I seem to do, the installer hangs at 9.8%.

I originally had Lightroom 4, 5 and 6 installed on this computer, so after the initial attempt to download, I followed others' instructions and tried using the Adobe Uninstaller, which wouldn't open because I am on Catalina. I then tried using Adobe Cleaner, which also wouldn't open because I am on Catalina. I was then able to override my MBP and force it to open Adobe Cleaner, which I then used to uninstall LR6. I tried installing LR CC again, and once again it got stuck at 9.8%.

I then manually deleted LR 4 and 5 from my computer as well as all LR-associated preference, preset, etc, folders and once again tried installing LR CC and once again it's stuck at 9.8%. What's more is that, this messed up a bunch of non-LR related preferences on my MBP--I'm not sure how.

Each time the installer gets stuck, I am forced to force-quit the installer.

Has anyone resolved a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

What should work is to download Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool from adobe's website and completely wipe adobe software. Then install creative cloud fresh from the website, log on to your account, and install Classic from the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no clue why the installer would get stuck like this but I am curious why you are installing LR CC instead of Classic if you are coming from LR 6. LR CC is an old name for the cloud version of Lightroom which misses almost all the features you are used to in LR 6. It is basically a port of the mobile OS version of Lightroom to the desktop. Lightroom Classic is the logical place to go after LR 6. If you are interested in going full cloud and never print, never really share images online through social media, never need to export to anything but sRGB jpegs than you shoudl install Lightroom Desktop (i.e. the Cloudy version). If your needs are more complex and you don't care much about cloud storage, you should go for Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I misspoke. I am actually trying to install Lightroom Classic CC (another source of confusion through this is all of Adobe's tiering).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah the naming is terrible. Extremely confusing. I would probably use the cleaner which apperently doesn't work right in Catalina, to wipe the entire creative cloud installation, downloads the creative cloud tool from Adobe, run it and install Classic from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I've already tried the cleaner several times to no avail.

Barring a last-minute solution that someone else can provide, I'm going to downgrade to Mojave on a Time Machine backup and try from there. This just all feels very messy. Tons of errors along the way. I think Adobe just hasn't sorted out their support for Catalina yet, which is a shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you have success?  i am having the same issue on Catalina... it hangs at 9.8%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wound up restoring my computer to Mojave and doing fresh installs of everything. Huge pain in the neck, but now everything is working again. I've also updated to Catalina and everything works well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, i will give that a try as well.  Having the same 'hang-up' issue with PS CC install as well... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is currently happening to me and it's driving me crazy.  I updated to Catalina and can't use LR 6 anymore (stupid to update), and I can't go back to whatever OS I had because it would only allow me to install Maverick on an external hard drive.  So, figured I would purchase Classic but I am getting hung at 9.8% too.  I can't even complete the work I have to do!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What should work is to download Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool from adobe's website and completely wipe adobe software. Then install creative cloud fresh from the website, log on to your account, and install Classic from the creative cloud app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2019 Dec 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked!  Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just as a note: I have Catelina as well and am running a work-provided Adobe licence (which means I have to "contact my work administrator" for help, rather than get help from Adobe). My work administration IT hasn't helped but I got it to work:

- I ran the cleaner multiple times, no luck, constantly stalled at 36% for Lightroom Classic.

- I then opened Finder and manually searched "Adobe" --I hunted through hundreds of files and selected any hidden Adobe remnants from previous downloads (2018, 2019, etc). Turns out the Adobe Cleaner can't be trusted to do it's job.

- I deleted any files I found and emptied my trash.

- I ran the cleaner again, just for good measure, and restarted my computer.

- I was able to log into Creative Cloud via Chrome and download Lightroom Classic, no stalling!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines