• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom is locked up

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Somehow when I went to open a catalog I actually tried opening a jpg file instead of a lrcat file.  Now it is frozen telling me that "Lightroom - Opening Catalog: DSC01373. I have tried rebooting but no luck. I have tried uninstalling LR but I am told it wont uninstall as LR is open (trying to open the jpg file I assume).  Has anyone ran acroos this>

Thansk in advance! 🙂  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2024 Jun 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does 'Lightroom' show in the apps list of Windows Task Manager?

[Windows Key + X] [T]

If so, [Right-Click] to 'End Task'

Your post suggests you are using Lightroom-Classic ( or one of the old legacy versions 1-6). If that is so, then you cannot "Open" image files in Lightroom (-Classic). Lightroom-Classic will only open Catalog files with the file-type suffix of '.LRCAT'.

If you can close Lightroom, Find your Catalog.LRCAT file with File Explorer and [Double-Click] on the .LRCAT file to open your catalog, and Import JPG files to the catalog.

If you are using the Cloud version of Lightroom (v7.3) then you need a different answer to your question.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.3.1 Photoshop 25.9, ACR 16.3.1, Lightroom 7.3, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines